Scorsese to produce a Joker origin story?

I wonder if it'll be anything like what has taken place on Gotham.

Story wise that is. I'm sure it will be much darker.

Last edited:
Todd Phillips directing? Color me intrigued. The casting will be important.

Nothing to do with the Joker movie, but Matt Reeves' upcoming Batman film will be a standalone film and not part of the DCEU. So it would make sense if Affleck doesn't star in it after all.

http://deadline.com/2017/08/the-jok...e-scott-silver-batman-dc-universe-1202154053/

Seems like an odd mashup of people involved but definitely intriguing. Glad to hear that this will be independent of the Leto version that will apparently also still exist in SS2 and the HQ solo.

Don't be surprised if Leto is in this movie. I also think Affleck will be in it as Batman. I personally think that some of these rumors and supposedly facts that have come out are just a bunch of bull.

Don't be surprised if Leto is in this movie. I also think Affleck will be in it as Batman. I personally think that some of these rumors and supposedly facts that have come out are just a bunch of bull.

Well it also came out there is a joker/harley quinn stand alone with leto and Robbie.

Well it also came out there is a joker/harley quinn stand alone with leto and Robbie.

Yeah I seen that. Like I said they are building a Bat verse. I just don't know how I feel about a origin story for the Joker. That's one of the best things about him is there is no set origin. IMO that's what makes hI'm so good

He's good in Gotham but Id rather he just stay busy making more Shameless.

He's my second favorite Joker behind Ledger, and it's pretty close. He's kind of a perfect blend of all Joker's past IMO So Debbie should be The Joker so she can't make more Shameless?

He's my second favorite Joker behind Ledger, and it's pretty close. He's kind of a perfect blend of all Joker's past IMO So Debbie should be The Joker so she can't make more Shameless?

Yes, and let Batman kill her right after the opening credits. Gonna be a really short movie.

This seems really dumb, not connecting all this to the DCEU. They already have TV shows not connected, now they'll have movies all over the place?

This seems really dumb, not connecting all this to the DCEU. They already have TV shows not connected, now they'll have movies all over the place?

Warner Brothers is more interested in the $$$$$$ than a true Marvel-Esq Cinematic Universe for its DC properties.

It's a shame that WB doesn't give someone control to the DC properties and let them make the decisions the way Disney has done with Marvel. Instead we get micro management and directors that really know nothing of the backstories on the characters they are putting to screen. So we get them saying I'm wanting to put "my on take on how I see the characters" instead of following the nearly 80 years of stories to pull from.

IMO that is why Wonder Woman was so good is that director Patti Jenkins more or less stayed true WW origin story but moved it to WW1 instead of WW2.

Last edited:
Yeah I seen that. Like I said they are building a Bat verse. I just don't know how I feel about a origin story for the Joker. That's one of the best things about him is there is no set origin. IMO that's what makes hI'm so good

Yeah if they give the joker an origin that would make him human and his character would lose meaning

VN Store

Back