Most gratifying moments in tv/movies

joevol33

1st official VN BB bracket winner
VN Pick Champion
Thought this would be cool. What were some of the most gratifying moments you've enjoyed on a show, or movie? I have several, but won't list them all yet. I will start with these

1) television- when Hotch killed Foyet on criminal minds for killing his ex wife. Watching that episode I knew she was going to die, and I didn't want him arrested. Glad they let Hotch get him.

2) movie- Doc Holiday showing up to take out Johnny Ringo. Hard to beat that one for me.

The Death Star blows
The shark in Jaws blows
Vader turns on The Emperor
Andy escapes Shawshank
Chief escapes in Cuckoos Nest
Buliwyf drags himself into the final battle-The 13th Warrior
5 point palm exploding heart technique

Not sure if you would say these are really gratifying but they're two I like.

1) Forrest Gump when he's running and his braces come off.

2) Lion King when Simba is on the rock and roars.

1d3a0a6c7c7ecd291b5072d7853a9671--poker-quotes-william-hill.jpg

Reactions: happy-go_vol
In terms of recent movies, I love the end of Sing Street so much

Halfway through the movie the loser older brother gives the epic speech about how the younger brother moved into his jet stream, but "at one time, I was a ****ing jet engine!"

Then at the end, the little brother goes to London by boat to make his dreams come true and he's able to make the journey on treacherous waters because he rides the wake of a bigger boat. So good.

Series (On Netflix), The Fall-
When Paul Spector beats the absolute mess out of Stella. I had such a big grin the whole way through that scene

Movie, Dog Pound-
When Butch opens a can on the kid that caused his friend to commit suicide, along with that whole cafeteria fight scene in general. I promise I'm not a violent person, though 😅

There are many more, but those are two of the first that came to mind. I'd probably have gone with the Doc Holliday and Johnny Ringo scene if you didn't Joe lol

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
When dem rushin' planes get the what for from maverick in top gun!

On TV..Joffrey slowly choking to death and Arya wiping out the Freys are equally satisfying.

In a movie...Doc putting a bullet in Ringos noggin, and Will Munny slaughtering Little Bill and his cronies.

Reactions: 3 people
Any time the Progressive with Flo, Larry Culpepper or Sonic guys commercials are over.

That's extremely gratifying and lessens my desire to throw the remote at the TV

Reactions: 1 person
Any time the Progressive with Flo, Larry Culpepper or Sonic guys commercials are over.

That's extremely gratifying and lessens my desire to throw the remote at the TV

There's a special place in hell reserved for Flo and the Sonic guys

Reactions: 2 people
I miss the homemade commercials they used to show on Macon TV when I was in school down there. It was like Flo and the Sonic guys but all add libs with no production value.

VN Store

Back