DC's next animated film- Gotham: By Glasslight

vols72

Nearly 30 years ago,*Batman: Gotham by Gaslight*became the first*DC Elseworlds*title, as it introduced readers to a Dark Knight that inhabited a Victorian-era Gotham City. Now, word has emerged that*Gotham by Gaslight*is finally getting an animated adaptation from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment.

Last edited:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-07-09-11-43-31-1.png
    Screenshot_2017-07-09-11-43-31-1.png
    964.1 KB · Views: 0
The joker wasn't in Gotham by Gaslight.

Aside from being the first Elseworlds story I've always thought it was a bit overrated. For one the ending was as predictable as it gets and two, there's not even a good shot of a Mignola Batman.

Since this is a DC animated thread, Young Justice season 3 is about half-way done and is called "Outsiders". There is a youtube video that has a drawing of all the characters including the new ones. Apparently, Nightwing, Artemis, Superboy and Aqualad will make up their on covert-ops sub-team dressed in all black.

Just saw another youtube video with what looks like a new CW animated show, "Freedom Fighters: The Ray" and it looks killer. If u don't know the story of the Freedom Fighters, they are from Earth-X where tbe Nazis won WWII. In the comics, they are led by Uncle Sam. In the video, I say it looked like the FF I saw, had original members Phantom Lady, Black Condor and the Ray, along with a Red Tornado android. They are fighting the nazis and I guess, the heroes/villians that back them, Flash, Green Arrow and Mary Marvel. Now, it could be Supergirl but I am 90% sure it's Mary Marvel, definitely a different costume and tho I was on my phone, pretty sure I saw a lightning bolt. Anyway, I always thought the heroes fighting against a Nazi ruled earth was a great concept and they did this at least 40 years ago and once again, I am pretty sure that the FF may have originated in the 1940s. Pumped about both shows

Btw, sorry I haven't figured out how to upload the videos onto this post. But, if u are a DC animated universe fan, check them out

Since this is a DC animated thread, Young Justice season 3 is about half-way done and is called "Outsiders". There is a youtube video that has a drawing of all the characters including the new ones. Apparently, Nightwing, Artemis, Superboy and Aqualad will make up their on covert-ops sub-team dressed in all black.

Just saw another youtube video with what looks like a new CW animated show, "Freedom Fighters: The Ray" and it looks killer. If u don't know the story of the Freedom Fighters, they are from Earth-X where tbe Nazis won WWII. In the comics, they are led by Uncle Sam. In the video, I say it looked like the FF I saw, had original members Phantom Lady, Black Condor and the Ray, along with a Red Tornado android. They are fighting the nazis and I guess, the heroes/villians that back them, Flash, Green Arrow and Mary Marvel. Now, it could be Supergirl but I am 90% sure it's Mary Marvel, definitely a different costume and tho I was on my phone, pretty sure I saw a lightning bolt. Anyway, I always thought the heroes fighting against a Nazi ruled earth was a great concept and they did this at least 40 years ago and once again, I am pretty sure that the FF may have originated in the 1940s. Pumped about both shows

Btw, sorry I haven't figured out how to upload the videos onto this post. But, if u are a DC animated universe fan, check them out

It's Supergirl, this is going to be an alternate reality to The CW's Arrowverse. This show is going to air on The CW Seed app.

It's Supergirl, this is going to be an alternate reality to The CW's Arrowverse. This show is going to air on The CW Seed app.

Thanks, like I said I was watching on my phone but the colors were not Supergirl's or Mary Marvel's, but closer to MM. Either way, the show looks kick-ass. I used to buy the short run Freedom Fighters comic in the 70s as a 7 or 8 year old kid

VN Store

Back