Should Vols invite Chris Blue to sing Natonal Anthem?

Vfl2407

With Knxvillian singer Chris Blue advancing to the semifinals of NBC's The Voice last night, do you think that UT should ask him to sing before one of our home games next season?

Reactions: 4 people
Is he a Vol fan?

I've got an idea for a Vol related song. Do we have any musicians that can finish a song?

One person sings the National Anthem. Andrew Wentzel. He has done it since George Bitzas stopped doing it. It's traditional and it won't and shouldn't change.

Reactions: 8 people
With Knxvillian singer Chris Blue advancing to the semifinals of NBC's The Voice last night, do you think that UT should ask him to sing before one of our home games next season?

No. We don't need to start inviting garbage reality show singers to Neyland.

Reactions: 15 people

For chrissake wasn't a decade of American Idol enough? I never watched it but you couldn't escape hearing about it constantly. Now it's years of The Voice. So much silly schmaltz. The masses like their cheese. And now, apparently, American Idol is coming back. Good grief.

Reactions: 2 people

1200px-Barack_Obama_Mic_Drop_2016.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
He's a music worship leader at Cokesbury UMC in town. He's toured for years and has already sung at MLB games and UT events in the past. But don't let facts get in the way.

Reactions: 8 people

This.

There are plenty of Vols with pipes. No need to give a non Vol the opportunity to perform in front of 100,000 folks.

So because he isn't decked out head to toe with orange & white on a reality show he's a non-Vol? Typical VN line of thinking.

1/2 the people who go far on those singing shows are from Tennessee! We could have 2-3 seasons worth of performers & never use the same one twice.
I've thought it would be cool to have a different country singer sing the NA before each football game since they all live in Tennessee

He's a music worship leader at Cokesbury UMC in town. He's toured for years and has already sung at MLB games and UT events in the past. But don't let facts get in the way.

He's amazing. I'd love to hear him sing at a Vol game.

One person sings the National Anthem. Andrew Wentzel. He has done it since George Bitzas stopped doing it. It's traditional and it won't and shouldn't change.

I did not know that. I like that. Keep it. The National Anthem is too big a deal to turn it over to the general population. We are better than that.

Delete thread!

This.

So because he isn't decked out head to toe with orange & white on a reality show he's a non-Vol? Typical VN line of thinking.

He could be is all I'm saying. The enemy is at foot. He's liable to be a Vandy fan, could be why he has kept it a secret. If he is a Vol fan itd be like Duh!

Sounds like we got it covered with Tradition. He could set up over in TBA and see who shows up.

Have it after the game, maybe it would help with traffic.

For chrissake wasn't a decade of American Idol enough? I never watched it but you couldn't escape hearing about it constantly. Now it's years of The Voice. So much silly schmaltz. The masses like their cheese. And now, apparently, American Idol is coming back. Good grief.

Why didn't you watch American Idol? Too many southern men on it?

Chris Blue is one of the best vocalists and performers I've ever seen on any reality talent TV show. Dude is awesome and very humble. If he's a VOL, then heck yes I'd be for it.

The world must be coming to an end. I am agreeing with armchair. I am sick of musicians getting their start on TV. I can't name a song the "established" musicians on the show do.

So, no, I don't want someone from "The Voice" in Neyland. Let him put out a few albums, do a world tour or two, and build a real resume first. He ain't earned it yet.

The world must be coming to an end. I am agreeing with armchair. I am sick of musicians getting their start on TV. I can't name a song the "established" musicians on the show do.

So, no, I don't want someone from "The Voice" in Neyland. Let him put out a few albums, do a world tour or two, and build a real resume first. He ain't earned it yet.

Didn't he "earn" his way on to The Voice? Think they just pull any joe schmo off the streets for that?

VN Store

Back