Concerts - pre-sales, meet-ups, reviews

VolMax

Didn't see a thread like this, merge if I missed it.

Taking the fam to see Zac Brown Band tonight at Verizon Amphitheatre. Anybody else on here going? 60% chance it won't rain. I've put money on way worse odds.

I got the tix a couple of months back with a pre-sale code from http://ticketcrusader.com. Gotta check it almost everyday if you want good floor seats. I got an email from Bridgestone for Chris Stapleton pre-sale. Noticed it 10 minutes after it came in and only seats left were 3xx's.

ZBB was great last night!

They played all the hits, new album stuff was good and we enjoyed blistering covers of Whipping Post and Sweet Child of Mine. If you get a chance, definitiely worth seeing!

I'd like to see them in person. Heading to Billy Joel tonight at Dodger Stadium. Anyone else going

Reactions: 1 person
Getting tickets to see Dwight yoakam soon. Have plans to attend tumbleweed in Kansas City, but I doubt they'll happen. Too many expenses.

Ticket sales have become an enormous racket. Every big show that I prepare and try to buy as soon as they go on sale, it's nosebleeds only and StubHub/Vivid has hundreds or thousands for triple+ cost. The only decent seats I can find are by waiting and hitting Craigslist or ponying up on those resale websites. It's aggravating.

Saw Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers at the FedEx on the 8th. Great show, Joe Walsh opened for him. Got seats about eleven rows from the stage, best seats I've ever gotten. Of the four concerts I've been too here is how I'd rank them:

1. Paul McCartney - FedEx
2. Tom Petty - FedEx
3. Elvis Costello - Minglewood Hall
4. Billy Joel - FedEx

Ticket sales have become an enormous racket. Every big show that I prepare and try to buy as soon as they go on sale, it's nosebleeds only and StubHub/Vivid has hundreds or thousands for triple+ cost. The only decent seats I can find are by waiting and hitting Craigslist or ponying up on those resale websites. It's aggravating.

Check TicketCrusader.com daily... You almost have to hit it a couple of times a day. Like I said on the Bridgestone Pre-sale for Stapleton, only nosebleeds ten minutes after I got email notice. Had I been a little more diligent about checking TC, I could have used his fan club pre-sale password earlier and had better options.

Getting tickets to see Dwight yoakam soon. Have plans to attend tumbleweed in Kansas City, but I doubt they'll happen. Too many expenses.

You'll enjoy Dwight. Saw him at The Tivoli Theatre in Chattanooga about ten years ago. It was a great show.

I'd like to see them in person. Heading to Billy Joel tonight at Dodger Stadium. Anyone else going

That should be awesome! A bit of a long drive from Chattanooga. Only time I was in LA, I saw the Stones/GNR/Living Color at the Coliseum.

That should be awesome! A bit of a long drive from Chattanooga. Only time I was in LA, I saw the Stones/GNR/Living Color at the Coliseum.

Haha yeah a bit far. I bet that was awesome at the Coliseum

Check TicketCrusader.com daily... You almost have to hit it a couple of times a day. Like I said on the Bridgestone Pre-sale for Stapleton, only nosebleeds ten minutes after I got email notice. Had I been a little more diligent about checking TC, I could have used his fan club pre-sale password earlier and had better options.
Cool thanks. That sounds like a lot of work, but I'll keep it in mind if somebody good is about to go on sale.

Seeing U2 next week performing The Joshua Tree in it's entirety. Saw the Joshua Tree tour at the Murphy Center in Murfreesboro in 1987.

Tumbleweed is a no go, but Easton Corbin is coming to the Kentucky state fair for a free show, his older stuff is pretty good, so I'll probably go.

That was a great tour, saw them a couple of times that year. One of the shows was a couple of months after September 11, very moving.

Yeah that's the one I went to. That had all the names of the victims scrolling

Billy Joel was fantastic. In the top 5 for me all time concerts. Brought out Pink and Axl Rose.

Yeah that's the one I went to. That had all the names of the victims scrolling

I would go see Pink if it lined up. Not the biggest fan of her music, but her performances that I've seen at awards shows make me think she puts on a helluva show.

I would go see Pink if it lined up. Not the biggest fan of her music, but her performances that I've seen at awards shows make me think she puts on a helluva show.

I am not a fan of her music either, though I like a song or two, especially the video for Just Like a Pill. But this cover is killer. Plus, she seems pretty cool and has a great voice.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwmUMvhy-lY[/youtube]

Has anybody seen the AC/DC tribute band "thunderstruck" ? They're coming near by and I'm thinking of going.

And I got two for Van Morrison in Nashville in September...Section 101, Row G. Ticketmaster sent me a heads-up just prior to public sale. Got 2 pair for lawn too. Already sold one pair and doubled my money. Hope selling the 4 lawns will cover the $350 I paid for the covered seats. Wouldn't normally pay that for just above average seats, but he's a bucket lister for me.

And I got two for Van Morrison in Nashville in September...Section 101, Row G. Ticketmaster sent me a heads-up just prior to public sale. Got 2 pair for lawn too. Already sold one pair and doubled my money. Hope selling the 4 lawns will cover the $350 I paid for the covered seats. Wouldn't normally pay that for just above average seats, but he's a bucket lister for me.

Awesome. He is someone I have always wanted to see, but for some reason never have.

VN Store

Back