Disney's The Lion King (Live action remake)

JohnnyD1024

Here is the cast so far

Mufasa - James Earl Jones

Simba - Donald Glover

Timon - Billy Eichner

Pumbaa - Seth Rogen

I'll see it, but I'm not really excited because of the cast. I mean, the original was just classic. The visual looks stunning.

Seems redundant... will take the kids to see it although they aren’t blown away by these “live action” remakes. Almost seems like these are made for adults to relive their childhood memories.

Reactions: volfanbill
Seems redundant... will take the kids to see it although they aren’t blown away by these “live action” remakes. Almost seems like these are made for adults to relive their childhood memories.

Bingo.

I haven't seen the latest ones (Dumbo and Aladdin) and the previous ones were ok but not great (Beauty and the Beat and Jungle Book). I'll see these but it will be rented or maybe even wait until they are on Disney +

Actually the only "live action remake" I've really liked so far is Christopher Robin and that's not really a remake, more like a re-visiting. I like that one because it felt like they stayed true to the source and it was about growing up and remembering your childhood.

Bingo.

I haven't seen the latest ones (Dumbo and Aladdin) and the previous ones were ok but not great (Beauty and the Beat and Jungle Book). I'll see these but it will be rented or maybe even wait until they are on Disney +

Actually the only "live action remake" I've really liked so far is Christopher Robin and that's not really a remake, more like a re-visiting. I like that one because it felt like they stayed true to the source and it was about growing up and remembering your childhood.

My mom took the kids to see Christopher Robin and they really liked that one.

I haven’t seen Dumbo or Aladdin either.

I liked Jungle Book ok. There was enough difference from the original that kept it interesting I think.

Wife liked Beauty and the Beast... because she already knew by heart... it was 90% exact remake.

From what I’ve heard about Lion King it is a 100% remake all the way down to the storyboarding just with photorealistic animation and some current celebrity voices.

Just took the family to see it. They did a great job. I feel like it was just as great as the original.

they tweaked a few minor things. Only issue was the song "be prepared" sung by Scar. It wasn't quite as good. The other tweaks are minor things but to me really fleshed out the story and gave it it's own feel. It was a good thing.

Reactions: BenGrimm
Well it's going to make a crapton of money it's first weekend. I mean I figured it would but dang it's going to be about $185-$190 million opening weekend. That's way more than I figured it would. I think it also opened in more theaters than any movie this year too.

VN Store

Back