Movies you would like to see redone..

mr.checkerboards

I was having a conversation with a friend today and we were talking about movies that sucked when they came out and we would like to see redone....

We came up with a couple different movies but the #1 movie we came up with was Eragon

Moonraker. The worst Bond film of all time. Horrible special effects. Drifted too far from the original book by same title. Too campy. And the henchman, Jaws, turns into a hero with his little girlfriend on the space station. Ive watched most Bond films multiple times but I could only stomach Moonraker once.

I was having a conversation with a friend today and we were talking about movies that sucked when they came out and we would like to see redone....

We came up with a couple different movies but the #1 movie we came up with was Eragon

I'm glad the books are so good that the movie didn't ruin that series for me

Twilight. Real freaking vampires don't sparkle in sunlight. That ruined it imo.

Good thread idea.

I'd love to see a remake of Flight of the Navigator, not that it sucked (as i recall). Special fx today would make it so fun

Flash Gordon

I think a modern day version with the right casting (I'm thinking Chris Hemsworth as Flash, Emma Stone as Dale Arden and maybe Jason Momoa (Khal Drogo) as Ming ?) and use of special effects could be great. It should also stay faithful to the original series like the cartoon movie from the 70's did. It should be set during the 1936 Summer Olympics in Berlin with Flash as an American decathlete. It should also take itself seriously. The 1980 movie was pure camp with horrible acting (except maybe for Max Von Sydow as Ming) and even worse effects. The costumes were ridiculous looking... and although I have always liked Queen, their soundtrack only added to the cheesy-ness of that movie. I'm surprised a reboot hasn't been done yet.

As soon as I saw the thread title...my first thought was Eragon. Worst ever adaptation of a book IMO.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm going to have to check out some of these movies that were mentioned because I haven't heard of them,...

Ps the eragon book are really good, and if you haven't seen the movie do yourself a favor and never watch it

A few months from now, we will probably be able to add the dark tower to this list. I'm afraid it's going to be a disaster.

Im willing to give it a chance since ron Howard got out of it. Want to see the drawing of the three, one of kings greatest works.

My favorite was Wizard and Glass. But I think they're just throwing everything together in one big suck fest

VN Store

Back