IT teaser trailer

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkyXfpebihk[/youtube]

This looks amazing. IT is one of my favorite novels and is King's best work imo. The trailer has scenes that lead me to believe they will do The Ritual of the Chud from the novel. I can't wait till September

Reactions: 2 people
They are going to split the book into two movies. This one will be called The Losers Club and will focus entirely on the kids.

I really really hope they will include The Turtle this time.. They left it out entirely from the original film and it was a crucial piece to the story imo.

The trailer has the club fire too. This is going to be truer to the novel.

Also the house on Neibolt Street, which had some of the best stuff from the original novel.

My only problem was the ending, which more often than not seems to be a problem with King. It seems like he is leading up to something really great, but he just doesn't know how to finish it.

The original TV mini-series, for what it was, was really good. This new Pennywise is gonna have a hard time matching Tim Curry's level of performance.

Reactions: 1 person
I never read the novel but I saw the mini series back in 1990.

"This is battery acid you slime!"

Last edited:
Also the house on Neibolt Street, which had some of the best stuff from the original novel.

My only problem was the ending, which more often than not seems to be a problem with King. It seems like he is leading up to something really great, but he just doesn't know how to finish it.

The original TV mini-series, for what it was, was really good. This new Pennywise is gonna have a hard time matching Tim Curry's level of performance.

The mini-series always seemed like it climaxed to early and didn't finish strong, so I guess that coincides with the book. That's one of the few King books I never finished. Pet Cemetery was so much scarier than the movie. That's something that could be amazing if done properly.

It looks like they kept most of Fukunaga's script. Still wish he would have stayed on as director.
Yeah I was bummed when he left. I absolutely loved the first season of True Detective and he moody atmospheric style of directing would have been perfect for IT. I also hate that they didn't keep Will Poulter as Pennywise. He has the perfect look imo.

That being said Andres Muschetti did a good job directing Mama and Bill Skarsgard does seem to have the charisma to pull off Pennywise.

Last edited:
Beep! Beep! Ritchie!

I just ran across this on Youtube, pretty funny.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHV0rffzFEk[/youtube]

I liked the miniseries but thought the payoff/reveal of It was really lame

My friend and I were talking about that when it happened and still to this day.
The whole thing was a giant spider living in the sewers?! I mean are you kidding me with this crap?

My friend and I were talking about that when it happened and still to this day.
The whole thing was a giant spider living in the sewers?! I mean are you kidding me with this crap?

Yep - ridiculous. Could have been almost anything but that and I'd have been okay with it

It was better explained in the book...but only slightly. Still an awful idea. If they change anything in these movies, I hope it's this.

I know that you sometimes have to take initial reactions with a grain of salt, but sounds promising.

I can say I saw #IT tonight. And IT was great. Cast is excellent. And, yes, ??is scary! This will be a, ahem, monster at the box office." -Jim Vejvoda (of IGN)

Thrilled I can now say that IT is spectacular. Totally terrifying, but also "amazing fun (the Losers are PERFECT). Top 10 candidate for me." -Eric Eisenberg (of CinemaBlend)

"#ITMovie is everything I hoped for & more. Has heart, laughs & TONS of incredible scares. Fell in love w/ The Losers. Didn't want it to end." -Perri Nemiroff (of Collider)

Last edited:
I know that you sometimes have to take initial reactions with a grain of salt, but sounds promising.

I can say I saw #IT tonight. And IT was great. Cast is excellent. And, yes, ??is scary! This will be a, ahem, monster at the box office." -Jim Vejvoda (of IGN)

Thrilled I can now say that IT is spectacular. Totally terrifying, but also "amazing fun (the Losers are PERFECT). Top 10 candidate for me." -Eric Eisenberg (of CinemaBlend)

"#ITMovie is everything I hoped for & more. Has heart, laughs & TONS of incredible scares. Fell in love w/ The Losers. Didn't want it to end." -Perri Nemiroff (of Collider)
Yeah, IT does sound awesome so far. I'm not sure how tough it will be watching a little kid's arm being ripped off though. Also, Skarsgard has been having nightmares for 2 weeks straight about his character Pennywise and is seriously considering bowing out of the sequel.

Yeah, IT does sound awesome so far. I'm not sure how tough it will be watching a little kid's arm being ripped off though. Also, Skarsgard has been having nightmares for 2 weeks straight about his character Pennywise and is seriously considering bowing out of the sequel.

I wonder if they tried to get his brother Alexander to play the role initially?

So far there are 38 reviews in rotten tomatoes, 37 have been positive. Only some jackass from Ireland gave it a negative review.

VN Store

Back