Jurassic World 2 (June 22, 2018)

CagleMtnVol

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM

Release Date: June 22, 2018

Rating: Not Yet Rated

Distributor: Universal

Director: J.A. Bayona

Written by:
Colin Trevorrow (Jurassic World, Star Wars: Episode IX)
Derek Connolly ((Jurassic World, Kong: Skull Island, Star Wars: Episode IX)

Starring
Chris Pratt as Owen Grady
Bryce Dallas Howard as Claire Dearing
B. D. Wong as Dr. Henry Wu
Toby Jones
Rafe Spall
James Cromwell
Geraldine Chaplin
Justice Smith
Daniella Pineda
Ted Levine

Filming is underway on Jurassic World 2

First Photo dropped from Director J.A Bayona on Twitter.

C6bBzZjWcAAlc9Z_zps93zpgk23.jpg

So excited to show you this!! A first look of the new Jurassic adventure. #JW2

Last edited:
I highlighted some the more interesting things in this article!

Exclusive: Jurassic World 2 will return to Jurassic Park's scary roots, says director J.A. Bayona

The Jurassic World sequel is currently in pre-production and eyeing a summer 2018 release date, while behind-the-scenes discussions are taking place as to exactly what the monster sequel will look like.

Director J A Bayona - himself no stranger to monsters with his latest tear-jerking fantasy drama A Monster Calls due to be released on January 1 - talked exclusively with Digital Spy about the tone.

"I think one of the reasons they called me is they wanted to go darker and scarier," he explained. "They love The Impossible and they love The Orphanage. So it's great."

Bayona's previous two film were harrowing and terrifying respectively, which potentially bodes well for the franchise.

"I think when you see Jurassic Park again, the first one, and you see that scene with the T-Rex and the kids in the car - it's very dark; it's very scary. I think it's more in that vein. We're going to go back there."

Bayona is a big fan of Spielberg ("I grew up watching Spielberg movies. I love them.") so he's excited at the prospect of collaborating with him and Jurassic World director Colin Trevorrow.

"I'm very aware I'm working in a big franchise, and it's Steven Spielberg's creature and Colin Trevorrow's baby," he said. "I see it more as a collaborative work between different filmmakers than a personal film. But that being said, I think there's lots of space in there where I can feel comfortable."

Bayona hopes to go back to the more real and animatronic feel of the first Jurassic Park movie, too, though CGI is still going to play a part.

"Colin Trevorrow is working on the script. I think both of us love animatronics and practical stuff. We're going to try to get as much as possible. But the truth is, nowadays, the audience is so used to CGI, and they're less and less used to animatronics. It's kind of difficult to fit them in. It needs to be very specific if you want to use them."

And finally, we hear Bryce Dallas Howard may get a more sensible pair of shoes and a more powerful narrative?

Bayona smiles.

"If you take a look at the Jurassic movies, there were always very powerful women in there. There's lots of jokes in the first Jurassic Park with Laura Dern talking about women. I think it's part of the franchise."

The Site B stuff was sort of believable, i.e. the background for II and III. It was remnants of the first park and largely shuttered. That they built ANOTHER dinosaur park that went haywire and a pile of people died was completely unbelievable. Now they've built ANOTHER one? Who are the idiots running these companies? What country would allow this?

Reactions: 2 people
The Site B stuff was sort of believable, i.e. the background for II and III. It was remnants of the first park and largely shuttered. That they built ANOTHER dinosaur park that went haywire and a pile of people died was completely unbelievable. Now they've built ANOTHER one? Who are the idiots running these companies? What country would allow this?
Good points

You need to read the books. They're glorious

Reactions: 1 person

Chaos theory.

And, the parks in the first three movies never opened to the public.

I really don't get the fascination with the first Jurassic World. I mean it was ok, but it wasn't like it was awesome.

Reactions: 1 person

Apparently Costa Rica does.

You need to read the books. They're glorious

Absolutely!

I was hoping when word come of Jurassic World that it would completely reboot the series and stick closer to the books.

I did like the nods to the original film with them finding the original visitor center etc..

Absolutely!

I was hoping when word come of Jurassic World that it would completely reboot the series and stick closer to the books.

I did like the nods to the original film with them finding the original visitor center etc..

I also likes how they decided to destroy it with the monster dino

Make it happen!!

Laura Dern Wants Ellie Sattler To Appear In ‘Jurassic World’ Sequel

Laura Dern, best known for her role as the feminist paleobotanist in Jurassic Park is interested in reprising her role as Dr. Ellie Sattler in a future installment of the Jurassic franchise.

Dern herself has a stacked slate this year. The actress is appearing in a total of three feature films in 2017 including Wilson, The Tale, and Star Wars: The Last Jedi as well as another two television series and a TV mini-series such as HBO’s Big Little Lies and the revival of David Lynch’s Twin Peaks.

While promoting her new film Wilson — which opens in limited release today — Dern dished on her character in the classic dino rampaging blockbuster telling Entertainment Weekly that she told the producers of the ongoing Jurassic World series that Ellie needs to resurface in the franchise:

“She’s the real deal: Kickass, goes on her own to get the power back on, fight off dinosaurs. She’s not taking the boys’ BS. As I said to the people who are making the new series, ‘If you guys make a last one, you gotta let Ellie Sattler come back. She’s always the one who’s saving the day, man!”

Hopefully, Dr. Sattler will reappear in the new franchise. Jurassic Park fans will remember Dern reprised her role as Ellie once already, appearing alongside her Jurassic Park co-star Sam Neil in the rather underwhelming Jurassic Park III directed by Joe Johnston. The film revealed that Ellie had moved on from Dr. Alan Grant to marry and have children with an employee of the State Department but still remained close friends with Alan. It would be disappointing, to say the least, if this was the last we ever saw of such an iconic heroine.

But Dern also revealed we would never have gotten to see her portray the paleobotanist in the first place had Nicolas Cage not convinced her to take the role of Ellie when she and her Wild at Heart co-star were discussing future projects:

“I said, ‘Well,’ Steven Spielberg offered me a movie.’ And he said, ‘What. Movie.’ I started to describe it, and he says, ‘Wait. You get to do a movie where dinosaurs are your costars?! How do I get on that movie? Who can I pay to be part of that movie? Those are the costars I’ve always wanted!’”

The actress added that she told director Steven Spielberg it was Cage who convinced sign onto the project:

“I remember telling Steven I had to do the movie. Because Nic told me he’s always wanted dinosaurs to be his costars.”

Also read: ‘Star Wars’: Laura Dern On Working With Rian Johnson In ‘The Last Jedi’

Dern can be seen in theaters today in Wilson and on HBO’s Big Little Lies. The actress will close out her year with Star Wars: The Last Jedi when it hits theaters on December 15, 2017.

Source: EW

Last edited:
Meh I like how they "built over the park" while pay homage to the original with the Easter eggs. I'm fine if non of the original actors are in it

One Year From Today.....

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM

Life Finds A Way!

Attachments

• DC71HJuWAAEt4xp.jpg orig.jpg
    DC71HJuWAAEt4xp.jpg orig.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Teaser Trailer Released!
First Trailer drops Thursday!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=266EI7hdjFs[/youtube]

Another Teaser "Awesome"