Ken Leung (The Night Shift, Star Wars: The force Awakens) as Karnak
Eme Ikwuakor (Extant) as Gorgon
Isabelle Cornish (Puberty Blues) as Crystal
Mike Moh (Empire) as Triton
Sonya Balmores (Soul Surfer) as Auran
Ellen Woglom (Californication)

Last edited:
Awesome news!

Anson Mount star of AMC's Hell on Wheels has been tapped as the lead, Black Bolt, in Marvel’s Inhumans, the new ABC series that will get an IMAX debut.

Marvel’s Inhumans will explore the never-before-told epic adventure of the royal family including Black Bolt, the enigmatic, commanding King of the Inhumans, with a voice so powerful that the slightest whisper can destroy a city.

Mount joins recently cast Iwan Rheon (Game of Thrones), who will play Black Bolt’s brother, Maximus.

Marvel’s Inhumans is executive produced by Scott Buck — who serves as showrunner — Jeph Loeb and Jim Chory for Marvel Television, and ABC Studios.

“Anson loves the challenge of playing a character who will only communicate silently,” said Loeb, Head of Marvel Television. “His enthusiasm mixed with his imposing, almost regal persona made it easy to see why he is our Black Bolt.”

Added Buck, “Black Bolt is a character whose deep complexity must be conveyed without uttering a single word, and I’m very excited to have Anson on board to bring him to life.”

Roel Reine will direct the first two episodes of Inhumans, which will premiere exclusively in Imax theaters for a two-week window in September prior to the network run.

Marvel’s Inhumans, which follows a race of superhumans with diverse and singularly unique powers, were introduced in Marvel Comics by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby in 1965. Since that time, they have grown in prominence and become some of the most popular and iconic characters in the Marvel Universe.

Mount is coming off a five-season run on AMC’s popular Western drama Hell on Wheels, on which he played the lead, Cullen Bohannon.

Reactions: 2 people
jack-kirby-inhumans-002.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
Ive always liked the Inhumans but they've never been able to carry their own book for very long. Seems like a strange choice for show. Rumors have been swirling this is Marvel Studios work around for not having X-Men rights.

Will be interesting to see how the do Lockjaw 😁.

Reactions: 1 person
Ive always liked the Inhumans but they've never been able to carry their own book for very long. Seems like a strange choice for show. Rumors have been swirling this is Marvel Studios work around for not having X-Men rights.

Will be interesting to see how the do Lockjaw 😁.

I don't think they are even rumors, I think they've pretty much come out and said the Inhumans is their way of dealing with mutants without the X-Men and without calling them mutants since they can't even use the term mutants in their MCU.

The Inhuman storyline has been going on a while on Agents of SHIELD, though not a whole lot has been fleshed out.

I don't think they are even rumors, I think they've pretty much come out and said the Inhumans is their way of dealing with mutants without the X-Men and without calling them mutants since they can't even use the term mutants in their MCU.

The Inhuman storyline has been going on a while on Agents of SHIELD, though not a whole lot has been fleshed out.

I thought they were denying it as their reasoning.

Or maybe I'm just thinking of the comics division denying they are downplaying the X-Men line due to Studios not having the rights, while simultaneously trying to prop up the Inhuman line.

I knew they had been touching on it in AoS but I do t watch it.

More cast news..

Serinda Swan has been cast as Medusa on ABC's Marvel's The Inhumans

Swan was a regular on the USA Network's Graceland and most recently in a recurring role on NBC's Chicago Fire. This isn't Swan's first Superhero role she appeared as Zatanna Zatara in three episodes of Smallville on the CW.

Marvel's Inhumans - First Teaser
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7Q6V0BG1Qw[/youtube]

So this is going to be a Friday night show. It premeires on Friday, September 29th, after showing on IMAX on September 1st.

I haven't seen the trailer yet. But, Rheon(sp?), the actor that plays Maximus is have as good as he was playing Ramsey Snow/Bolton, they made a great choice for the main antagonist

Marvel's Inhumans Comic-Con Trailer
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbN3vd9i8E4[/youtube]

Looks really good. I kept thinking "show Medusa's hair moving" ... then payoff.

I hate this already has such negative reviews. The Inhimans are awesome characters.

They got the other costumes right for the Inhumans except no Black Mask with a Black bolt for Black Bolt.
I.hope that changes in season 1 because no sensible reason to not make a Great Quality Black Mask with a Bolt attacked that's not out of the budget, and not unreasonable.

Great premiere in the Movie theaters whicb I saw.
Gorgon is my favorite character a likable character with a Good Heart.
He accepts he's different, and no problem showing he's a Inhuman mainly his Hooves.

A close 2nd with Black.Bolt.

Also having the ability to.use a Sonic Scream Doesn't make Black Bolt a Freak at all.
Either that's envy from the Cop, or hatred because he's different which is so damn common for Humanity.

This actually wasn't a bad premiere. It has definite potential. Pretty stellar bltch fight in the parking lot too. Isabelle Cornish as Crystal is just yummy. Serinda Swan as Medusa totally pulls off the whole Sinead O'Connor look too. It doesn't hurt that she's a looker as well.

So I binged this on Hulu over the weekend. Overall.....meh. It isn't terrible but it's not great either. I'm pretty certain this will end up just being a limited series and if they revisit The Inhumans then they'll just retcon this or ignore it all together. Or possibly they just slide this storyline into Agents of SHIELD (assuming that sticks around after this season).

The only cast member I really liked was Anson Mount as Black Bolt. I thought he did a pretty good job. The rest of the cast was average to terrible. Medusa was horrible. Her sister was ok but not great. Maximus was ok, but the other 2 were blah. The dialogue was laughably bad in parts, especially the parts of blantant exposition where the one guy would just say out loud what he was thinking.

VN Store

Back