curse of oak islan

I watch it because I find the guys on the show likeable.

Having said that, I don't think for a second they'll ever actually find anything. If you read up on their history, they've actually been looking since 2006 and from what I've read many of the places they are looking at on the show they've actually already searched pretty thoroughly. Not to mention a lot of the "facts" of the so called treasure history are all unsubstatiated, like the tablet that was supposedly found has never been found nor is there any eyewitness account, only stories from people that said they heard it from someone else.

I have no doubt they find some neat stuff, but so far the things they've found have hardly been earth shattering. Also it's apparently been known for a while the island is extremely prone to sinkholes, which is a logical explanation for the "booby trap" tales.

All in all it's a neat enough show, but it's about 90% hype. Also that narrator is annoying, most of the time he just repeats what they just said on screen and then takes it to some extreme fantasy. And they also repeat so much footage. They showed one piece of footage from season 1 the other night that I know they've shown about 10 times.

Reactions: 2 people
Hey, they dug up some wood, it's really old wood, never mind that there have been treasure hunters digging there the last 200 years, they dug up some really old wood!

I've been watching from the first season. They're never going to find anything. I can't stop watching just to see how long it will go on. This last season finale sure looked like History Channel might not pick it up next year though.

I'll watch it if nothing else it on but I'm not setting a dvr for it. I agree with erwin that I dont think they'll ever find anything. IMO I dont think the people that supposedly buried the treasure had the technology, the machinery, or the planning to hide it so we couldnt get to it or find it. Heck, we found the Titantic a mile down in the vast ocean and we can find a buried chest?

Reactions: 1 person
i remember reading about it 6 or 7 years ago and i thought it was fascinating about the wood planks every 10 feet down. i remember listening to a pod cast and the speaker mentioned the theory about Shakespeare not actually writing his own plays and the theory was that some of the manuscripts were in oak isle.

there was a lot of activity on that island based on the coins and different artifacts found and there could be a treasure, but it really could be anywhere on that island.

i do find it amazing how they can take a 15 min show and stretch it out an hour.

Hey, they dug up some wood, it's really old wood, never mind that there have been treasure hunters digging there the last 200 years, they dug up some really old wood!

I've been watching from the first season. They're never going to find anything. I can't stop watching just to see how long it will go on. This last season finale sure looked like History Channel might not pick it up next year though.

Their contract is up, and the first contract they signed the brothers and crew got very little compared to what the network got. They still made pretty good money but it was at typical reality TV contract for first time shows.

Now that they've got several seasons and the show is pretty popular, the guys have more negoiation clout to hold out for a bigger piece of the pie. They'll no doubt come to an agreement on a new contract.

Fake and Terrible Tv.

Consumers consume.

was all in S1. S2 had high expectations, these guys...I sware. The bad news Bears?! When the show went to Canadien Gov't for digging permits? I was out. Done.

If you truly want to find gold, you'll do what's necessary. Get the equipment up there. Else its a fools errand.

Call me when you hit treasure...

was all in S1. S2 had high expectations, these guys...I sware. The bad news Bears?! When the show went to Canadien Gov't for digging permits? I was out. Done.

If you truly want to find gold, you'll do what's necessary. Get the equipment up there. Else its a fools errand.

Call me when you hit treasure...

exactly.

VN Store

Back