Cliches and tired scripts from tv and movies

MyBloodRunnethOrange

Jesus is Lord
The lies thread got me to thinking about this, and last night's Criminal Minds is a perfect example. One of the show's leads is accused of a crime he didn't commit and everybody else on the team comes to the rescue to prove their innocence. I think I've seen this same script recycled through just about every crime drama that's aired over the last quarter century or so. What are some others that come to mind?

Someone is killed on the season finale, or so we think, then find out the next season they didn't die.

The hero can't fall in love with the hot chick because she'll be in danger.

The timer on the bomb always gets to at least 3 seconds before they disable it. Just once I'd like to see whoever get blown up.

The bad guy always gets one last burst of energy after being shot, stabbed, ran over, etc. and tries to kill someone.

In movies with a lot of fighting, the good guy just dog stomps everyone of the henchmen, no matter how big. The main bad guy however, can look like pee wee Herman and he'll beat the crap out of the good guy right up till the end of the fight.

Angry police sergeant revokes badge/gun from defiant officer, only to reinstate him/her at zero hour when he's needed most.

When someone in a movie is coming in from the supermarket, without fail they're carrying a brown paper bag with loaf of French bread and some kind of leafy green sticking out of it.

In movies with a lot of fighting, the good guy just dog stomps everyone of the henchmen, no matter how big. The main bad guy however, can look like pee wee Herman and he'll beat the crap out of the good guy right up till the end of the fight.

Lol, I hate that.

I also hate when the bad guy has the main good guy(s) tied up or trapped and they either leave or don't kill them right away.

Former big city cop now working in small town or as PI because of past drug or drinking problem

The protagonist's mother is a chain smoking, hard drinking, bundle of sarcastic humor.

Any time the heroes, who are from a big city, travel to a rural area they inevitably meet up with Cletus, the local scallywag, who always seems to be driving a tow truck. The local roads are all dirt and so are gas station lots.

The single girl in the apartment across the hall is always hot.

Lol, I hate that.

I also hate when the bad guy has the main good guy(s) tied up or trapped and they either leave or don't kill them right away.

Happened in every single episode of the A team, and they always found the right tools to build something to help them break out. Including a welding torch.

Anytime the good guys and the bad guys are involved in a high speed chase through town they are always shooting back and forth at each other, and their is never a cop around anywhere.

At night, every passing vehicle's headlights are bright enough to be used in s lighthouse but the headlights of our hero's car (or the next victim) barely illuminate 5 feet in front of the bumper.

Lol, I hate that.

Great scene from Austin Powers.

[Youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xAMYHJYesM[/Youtube]

Comedies that are great movies, but the last 20 minutes of them are drawn-out slapstick action scenes.

Almost ruins perfectly good comedies.

Anytime the good guys and the bad guys are involved in a high speed chase through town they are always shooting back and forth at each other, and their is never a cop around anywhere.

and whoever is in the lead car must always be in the slower car because the car chasing them always catches up

VN Store

Back