Kicking it old school today

Attachments

• 20170114_120923.jpg
    20170114_120923.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
On a Chris Cornell phase.
TOTD, Soundgarden, Audio slave.

Actually revisiting a lot of the Seattle movement like Alice in Chains.

Reactions: 1 person
nightlife.jpg

This fantastic album that was finally released in 2000 more than 25 years after it was recorded. He wrote Jet Airliner, the big hit for Steve Miller.

new-train-cover_286_276_s.jpg

Just heard Sturgill Simpson for the first time last night on SNL. Immediately downloaded all of his albums. Country ain't dead yet. Not on Sturgill's watch.

Just heard Sturgill Simpson for the first time last night on SNL. Immediately downloaded all of his albums. Country ain't dead yet. Not on Sturgill's watch.

If you're interested in more music that you might not have come across just looking for Sturgill's solo stuff, I'd highly recommend seeking out a short lived band that he was the singer for, Sunday Valley.

sunday-valley-to-the-wind-and-on-to-heaven-300x300.jpg

I love his solo stuff but I think this is still my favorite thing that he was involved in, was really disappointed when I found out that was going to be their only ever album.

If you're interested in more music that you might not have come across just looking for Sturgill's solo stuff, I'd highly recommend seeking out a short lived band that he was the singer for, Sunday Valley.

I love his solo stuff but I think this is still my favorite thing that he was involved in, was really disappointed when I found out that was going to be their only ever album.

Just checked this out... All I can say is thank you.. Really like this, so far Folded Flag is my favorite

Awesome

Just checked this out... All I can say is thank you.. Really like this, so far Folded Flag is my favorite

The whole thing is good from start to finish but if I had to pick a song(s) I think it'd be a tie between Sometimes Wine and Jesus Boogie.

One of my top 5 favorite albums...

Attachments

• 0827969268629_600.jpg
    0827969268629_600.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 0
On a Chris Cornell phase.
TOTD, Soundgarden, Audio slave.

Actually revisiting a lot of the Seattle movement like Alice in Chains.

Love all the above. Check out mad season if youre not familiar. Layne staley solo project before he died. Couple good songs on album "above" includong title track.

Spotify. A lot of the Billboard Top 100 for around 1967-1976. Karen Carpenter had the voice of an angel.

Albums like Tapestry, Back in Black, On Your Feet or on Your Knees (or whatever that Live BOC album is called) and early Pearl Jam.

Lynyrd Skynyrd: Need You, Needle and the Spoon, Searchin', Gimme Back My Bullets, The Hunt.

Basketball Jones... awesome work by George Harrison and Billy Preston around Cheech's falsetto.

Stones: Angie, Gimme Shelter, Brown Sugar.

Last edited:
Nice. I never got to see Sly live, but I did see his bassist Larry Graham with Central Station open for Prince a few years ago and they were fantastic. They did a couple of Family songs.

I was too young to catch Sly in his Hey Day, but his shows were great during the time Graham was with them. I saw Sly once when he was touring with Parliament Funkadelic. As for Larry Graham back in the 70's during his Graham Central Station days would literally turn the place out. No one ever wanted to go on stage after GCS had performed. Once saw Chic headline and just about got booed off stage. Graham had rocked the crowd too nothing was left. Anyway this album from Sly and Family in 1968 was before Woodstock and before their ground breaking Stand! album. Which by the way is a classic Funk album I HIGHLY recommend. As for the Fillmore Album there are some very good songs as they had 3 albums out by this time. Note that this album had been bootlegged for a lot of years, but Sony has packaged it nicely.:good!:

Last edited:
Switching my pandora stations btw Chris Stapleton, Cinderella and Beastie Boys. Rode the Harley today and was blasting the Cinderella channel and it was on its game...Gypsy Road, Whitesnakes Here We go again, GnR Welcome to the Jungle and many more...I had it loud and proud today 😋

VN Store

Back