Planet Earth II (BBC)

Volunteer_Kirby

Its not what you think...
The second matches with the first all the way. Everything about this series is fantastic. Don't miss out on hearing David Attenborough beautifully narrate some of the best nature shots you will ever see.

Planet Earth II - 10/10 will watch again

Love the first one.

My first HD television was a 55" LG DLP. Back then there were less than 10 HD channels and Discovery was one of them. Planet Earth began airing shortly after I bought that TV. I'll never forget the Great White leaping out of the water to catch a seal in slow motion. I felt like the water was splashing out of the screen into my living room. It was the best HD experience of the time.

Premiers on BBC America this week.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TfxHdVhz0M[/youtube]

Advances in the drone technology is getting them right in there with the animals. That one shot from the ground looking up with the elephants walking was intense.

Premiers on BBC America this week.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TfxHdVhz0M[/youtube]

Advances in the drone technology is getting them right in there with the animals. That one shot from the ground looking up with the elephants walking was intense.

That looks amazing.

Love the first one.

My first HD television was a 55" LG DLP. Back then there were less than 10 HD channels and Discovery was one of them. Planet Earth began airing shortly after I bought that TV. I'll never forget the Great White leaping out of the water to catch a seal in slow motion. I felt like the water was splashing out of the screen into my living room. It was the best HD experience of the time.

My first HD DVD purchase was the Planet Earth series...unfortunately Blu-ray won the HD dvd battle..but it looked incredible on my 62 inch DLP
https://www.amazon.com/Planet-Earth-Complete-HD-DVD/dp/B000MRAAJW

Saturdays 9pm on BBC. First one titled "Islands" is tonight.

It repeats again at 12am.

We are all looking forward to the series. We have the original DVDs as well.

The original is on Netflix as well for anyone that hasn't seen it.

Anyone else watch it last night? Outstanding as expected.

Unfortunately it comes on right when we are putting the kids to bed. I got the BBCAmerica app on my Apple TV. Plan to watch it in either tonight or tomorrow.

That was an amazing episode. Phenomenal camera work! We found ourselves cheering on the iguanas trying to escape the racer snakes.

Reactions: 1 person
All the episodes are on Exodus via Kodi I just finished watching the last episode Cities well done just like the first Planet Earth

Just magnificent. I can't possibly imagine how they get such amazing footage. A perfect 5/5*.

You would think they would spook the animals. Must have some incredible zoom lenses and motion-correction. Well, maybe except for the sloth.

You'd be surprised how loud nature is when you pay attention. And sloth are devious creatures. One time the sloth escaped its cage at Zoo Knoxville and the keepers swear it ran 20 mph

You'd be surprised how loud nature is when you pay attention. And sloth are devious creatures. One time the sloth escaped its cage at Zoo Knoxville and the keepers swear it ran 20 mph

Yes, I agree. Still amazing that my dogs can be asleep halfway across the house, yet they recognize the most quiet attempt to open the fridge and open a bag of cheese. :)

Tonight's episode was again amazing. The scenes of the bears scratching the trees and the snow leopards... Just incredible.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back