Cars 3 teaser...

Brave Volunteer

Damn!

[YouTube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4K7JgPJ8-s&feature=youtu.be[/YouTube]

Last edited:
Cars has never been one of my favorite Pixar films. The second one is particularly bad. Hopefully Mater goes back to being a supporting character and not the focus of any plot line.

At any rate, my kids will love it.

Cars has never been one of my favorite Pixar films. The second one is particularly bad. Hopefully Mater goes back to being a supporting character and not the focus of any plot line.

At any rate, my kids will love it.

My kids love both, but especially Cars 2 :)

To say that my kids love Cars is the understatement of the century. It's an obsession that's gone on for too long, imho.
My six year old watched this teaser and almost cried. He says he doesn't want to watch the movie. Hopefully a new trailer will come out soon to reassure the little ones with exceptionally tender hearts that Lightning will be fine.
I think they'll go with the Ricky Bobby story line for this one.

Damn!

[YouTube]https://youtu.be/E4K7JgPJ8-s[/YouTube]

well that was ****ing dark.

Only Pixar film series I don't care for. Cars is meh, definitely towards the bottom of their catalog, but probably just outside their bottom 3 at least. Cars 2 is an abomination. So much so that I refuse to believe it actually exists.

Watched the trailer with my 4 year old, who is beyond obsessed with this franchise, before watching it myself first (kinda figured a kid's movie would be okay to do that with). Didn't realize Lightning would be destroyed into pieces in it lol. My 4 year old was devastated and kept asking me what happened to Lightning. Whoops...

I showed it to my 5 and 3 year olds. They crash their McQueen toys all the time LOL. They did ask in a concerned way but they weren't traumatized or anything. In general they were still excited.

I showed it to my 5 and 3 year olds. They crash their McQueen toys all the time LOL. They did ask in a concerned way but they weren't traumatized or anything. In general they were still excited.

That was my six year old (who's been obsessed with Cars since he was about 3). He just had this wide-eye expression with his mouth open and he asked me "what happened to Lightning? Did he die?" He wasn't devastated or traumatized but there was definite concern. I assured him that Lightning McQueen definitely did not die but he just had a bad crash like Strip Weathers did in the first movie.

My theory regarding the dark tone of the trailer, Disney knows the original Cars fans from the beginning are growing up. The original Cars movie came out in 2006. Many of the kids who loved that movie are now teenagers or young adults and I think Disney is simply trying to appeal to that older demographic with this teaser. Once the full trailer comes out I think it will be of a completely different tone and more family-oriented.

Also, for those who thought the trailer was too dark, HOW many deaths were there in Cars 2? How many scenes had gun fights, explosives, etc? If you think about it Cars 2 was pretty darn violent and a big reason why I think it's far inferior to the first movie.

I thought Cars 2 was great and liked it better than the first one. I'm not sure why people hated it so much.

I thought Cars 2 was great and liked it better than the first one. I'm not sure why people hated it so much.

To me the whole spy story and focusing on mater was just awful. I liked Francesco... that's about it.

The Planes movies, which aren't great either, were better.

It has NO heart whatsoever. It literally is a film made for the sole purpose to sell toys. Not that the original wasn't either but at least it had an endearing story. Yeah, it's basically "Doc Hollywood" in animated form but it works. The idea in Cars 2 of taking Mater and getting him mixed up in an international spy scandal was terribly misguided IMO. Plus for a movie targeted at young kids, it's too violent IMO.

I enjoy the Mater's Tall Tale shorts way more than Cars 2 and that's the sandbox they should've kept him in if they wanted to make him the central character.

Last edited:
That teaser was more entertaining than the entirety of Cars 2 and actually has me intrigued!

Lightning McQueen will be rebuilt as an electric car.

Personally, I'll be looking for the pizza delivery truck's cameo.

Took the kids to see it today. I think it's actually the best of the 3. Tons more racing action than any of the others. Mater was thankfully in the background for almost the entire movie. Touched on themes of sexism as well as ageism. Was kinda surprised how well my 6 and 4 year olds caught on. I enjoyed it quite a bit and expect to see it 50 more times once it hits home video.

Maybe because I've been forced to watch the original sooooooooo many times over the past 6 years I'm a little burned out on it. .... more the a little..... but I really liked this one more. Perhaps it's just a fresh look the characters.

I'm not a NASCAR fan by any means and I thought the racing action was better and how it touched on the way the sport evolved by starting in McQueen's era and seeing it give way to the next generation of high-tech racers. But then visiting the roots of the sport as moonshine runners. And of course the demolition derby.

Of course a lot of the story and jokes have no context without the first one so in that sense it doesn't stand alone very well.

Most importantly... very little Mater.

Reactions: 2 people
Maybe because I've been forced to watch the original sooooooooo many times over the past 6 years I'm a little burned out on it. .... more the a little..... but I really liked this one more. Perhaps it's just a fresh look the characters.

I'm not a NASCAR fan by any means and I thought the racing action was better and how it touched on the way the sport evolved by starting in McQueen's era and seeing it give way to the next generation of high-tech racers. But then visiting the roots of the sport as moonshine runners. And of course the demolition derby.

Of course a lot of the story and jokes have no context without the first one so in that sense it doesn't stand alone very well.

Most importantly... very little Mater.

I can relate. I have a 6 year old son and the Cars movies have practically been on constant loop in our living room for the last 3 years. So I'm what you could probably consider a pretty good expert on the movies. The first movie is really great, chock full of heart and humor. The second one is a disaster. Full of violence and none of the charm or heart the original has. Part 3 definitely rights the ship but I didn't find it as enjoyable as the original. It was actually kind of slow I thought. It took a while for things to get going but I didn't find the pay off to be nearly as endearing as the original.

One thing I do love about this movie is you can watch Cars, skip part 2 and go right to part 3 and you don't miss anything. I'm sure this was intentional.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back