Moonshiners

Moonshiners is my favorite show ever. Digger and Mark are the two guys from TN that learned from Popcorn and JB Raider. They remind me of some of my east TN family. Every Rocky Top fan should love this show. I don't care if it is staged or not, the scenery and accents make me feel like I'm home again.

Reactions: 1 person
Moonshiners is my favorite show ever. Digger and Mark are the two guys from TN that learned from Popcorn and JB Raider. They remind me of some of my east TN family. Every Rocky Top fan should love this show. I don't care if it is staged or not, the scenery and accents make me feel like I'm home again.

Love this show also, and actually thinking about trying to do this.. i wonder how much of it is staged..

Reactions: 2 people
Love this show also, and actually thinking about trying to do this.. i wonder how much of it is staged..

I'm thinking that it is largely staged, but have no doubts that the characters are authentic. I'm with you bro, I want to try it too. I think I could figure out the copper pretty easy. I have no interest in selling, just want to try it for personal hobby. :good!:

I don't doubt some is staged but makes me wonder if they're really that good of actors the way some act about the fuzz coming around.

Mark and Digger are from just up the road from me, they're my favorite guys on the show. I think it's cool seeing them drive around and pass things in the road I pass every day and what not.

I'm thinking that it is largely staged, but have no doubts that the characters are authentic. I'm with you bro, I want to try it too. I think I could figure out the copper pretty easy. I have no interest in selling, just want to try it for personal hobby. :good!:

Reality shows haven't been real in a long time. There's a basic idea or theme they want to convey, and the story is framed around that. There's a ton of manufactured drama because most reality is pretty boring. But they're so cheap to make they will be with us for a long time.

I don't doubt some is staged but makes me wonder if they're really that good of actors the way some act about the fuzz coming around.

Mark and Digger are from just up the road from me, they're my favorite guys on the show. I think it's cool seeing them drive around and pass things in the road I pass every day and what not.

Mark and Digger are awesome. They say stuff that lets me know they are good ole boys. Mark especially says stuff I haven't heard since my dad passed. "We are gonna stick out like a whore in church." I laughed until I almost cried. My dad used that and another version as well. :eek:lol:

It would be cool to meet them.

Reality shows haven't been real in a long time. There's a basic idea or theme they want to convey, and the story is framed around that. There's a ton of manufactured drama because most reality is pretty boring. But they're so cheap to make they will be with us for a long time.

I hope this one hangs around a few more seasons. I never really cared for reality shows much. Deadliest Catch was good for a while, but it got old and stale. Most of the characters became a$$holes.

Mark and Digger are awesome. They say stuff that lets me know they are good ole boys. Mark especially says stuff I haven't heard since my dad passed. "We are gonna stick out like a whore in church." I laughed until I almost cried. My dad used that and another version as well. :eek:lol:

My granddaddy made it in the hills in northern Virginia, and yes, he sounded just like them. Ahh, memories..yeah, I don't wanna sell it, at least not at first.. Ha ha..but I just wanna make it for my friends and family.. And me..lol. I just find it facinating, and want to do it..

My granddaddy made it in the hills in northern Virginia, and yes, he sounded just like them. Ahh, memories..yeah, I don't wanna sell it, at least not at first.. Ha ha..but I just wanna make it for my friends and family.. And me..lol. I just find it facinating, and want to do it..

I completely understand. Maybe Freak will let us start a moonshine sub-forum to discuss recipes lol! I'm kidding mods...I don't need anymore infractions. :closedeyes:

It's all staged. If Discovery really let then make shine all the way through, even Discovery Channel would be arrested. My sister's in laws work closely with Tim as they essentially run the neighboring volunteer fire dept to the one where he is Chief.

I've met the law official that was supposedly tracking Tim and Tickle and mom sees Tickle around the town they now live in a lot. I enjoyed it for the same reason mentioned, I know that area of Virginia they were working in very well.

It's all staged. If Discovery really let then make shine all the way through, even Discovery Channel would be arrested. My sister's in laws work closely with Tim as they essentially run the neighboring volunteer fire dept to the one where he is Chief.

I've met the law official that was supposedly tracking Tim and Tickle and mom sees Tickle around the town they now live in a lot. I enjoyed it for the same reason mentioned, I know that area of Virginia they were working in very well.

Tim seems like a good dude. Tickle is a trip, but seems like he is always one step away from disaster. :biggrin:

I think they have done a great job of making it look authentic. They got a little carried away this year with Josh's new partner getting set up and resulting in their still being stolen. It was one of the few times that it seemed contrived.

Not a big fan of the Cajun father and daughter team. Jalapeño moonshine??? LOL

I use that one myself lol it cracks me up when they call one another "puss" haha. I wouldn't mind getting my hands on some of their backwoods product. They're in downtown Gatlinburg all the time at a couple of the bars but I have 3 kids so I don't ever have time to go when I know they're there.

Tim seems like a good dude. Tickle is a trip, but seems like he is always one step away from disaster. :biggrin:

I think they have done a great job of making it look authentic. They got a little carried away this year with Josh's new partner getting set up and resulting in their still being stolen. It was one of the few times that it seemed contrived.

Not a big fan of the Cajun father and daughter team. Jalapeño moonshine??? LOL

First time I heard of jalapeño moonshine I thought to myself "If I drank that I'd have to hunt me a creek to sh** in" lol

I don't know why. But I always look to see if someone is gonna have some vols stuff on, or see any stuff in the background..

First time I heard of jalapeño moonshine I thought to myself "If I drank that I'd have to hunt me a creek to sh** in" lol

:lolabove:
It has to be the absolute worst thing to get drunk on! Fire water coming out your rectum and a thumping headache. No thank you. Lmao!

Man you gotta meet those two if you get a chance. I would make the 8 hour drive if I knew I would see them in Gatlinburg.

I don't know why. But I always look to see if someone is gonna have some vols stuff on, or see any stuff in the background..

I am certain that I've seen a UT hat on the show. It was one of the episodes where mark and digger were having a party and invited Tickle. Might have been the xmas show last year. I think they blurred out the logo, but it was recognizable. I noticed last night they blurred out the carhart logo on marks overalls. Still knew what it was though lol.

I keep telling my wife I'm going to get a pair of overalls. I'm going to start wearing them every time she wants to go out to dinner.

I use that one myself lol it cracks me up when they call one another "puss" haha. I wouldn't mind getting my hands on some of their backwoods product. They're in downtown Gatlinburg all the time at a couple of the bars but I have 3 kids so I don't ever have time to go when I know they're there.

Ha! The other saying my dad used was, "sweatin' like a whore in church." :lol:

"It's hotter than a $2 whore."
"Boy, you would make a preacher cuss."
"Boy, you could f*@k up a steel ball with a rubber hammer."

VN Store

Back