2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Nominees - Who gets in?

Lawrence Wright

Troll Brother #1
Your 2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Nominees are:

Bad Brains
Chaka Khan
Chic
Depeche Mode
Electric Light Orchestra
J. Geils Band
Jane's Addiction
Janet Jackson
Joan Baez
Joe Tex
Journey
Kraftwerk
MC5
Pearl Jam
Steppenwolf
The Cars
The Zombies
Tupac Shakur
Yes

Discuss...

Bad Brains
Chaka Khan
Chic
Depeche Mode
Electric Light Orchestra
J. Geils Band
Jane's Addiction
Janet Jackson
Joan Baez
Joe Tex
Journey
Kraftwerk
MC5
Pearl Jam
Steppenwolf
The Cars
The Zombies
Tupac Shakur
Yes

Discuss...
Maybe if Janet gets in she'll do a performance with Justin Timberlake for old time's sake...

Bad Brains
Chaka Khan
Chic
Depeche Mode
Electric Light Orchestra
J. Geils Band
Jane's Addiction
Janet Jackson
Joan Baez
Joe Tex
Journey
Kraftwerk
MC5
Pearl Jam
Steppenwolf
The Cars
The Zombies
Tupac Shakur
Yes

Discuss...

I love the Bad Brains is even nominated.

ELO, Journey, Kraftwerk, MC5, and The Cars should already be in. Pearl Jam will go in on the first ballot because there is nothing that the HoF loves more than artists who have inducted other artists.

How is it that The Cure isn't even nominated? They should have been in years ago.

After seeing that list, I was completely dumbfounded that the cars and journey weren't in already.

Would love to see Bad Brains get in. I saw Jane's perform recently and they still put on a good show.

Run-DMC, Public Enemy and Beastie Boys are already in.

To be fair, all three actually had enormous influence on rock compared to Tupac. Run-DMC helped revitalize Aerosmith, Pulic Enemy started rapcore arguably (and then early rappers like Kid Rock and of course Eminem did it from the rap side, and Korn and Linkin Park did it from the Rock side. Limp Bizkit does not exist.) and the Beastie Boys just made good music that didn't really have a genre at the time even.

To be fair, all three actually had enormous influence on rock compared to Tupac. Run-DMC helped revitalize Aerosmith, Pulic Enemy started rapcore arguably (and then early rappers like Kid Rock and of course Eminem did it from the rap side, and Korn and Linkin Park did it from the Rock side. Limp Bizkit does not exist.) and the Beastie Boys just made good music that didn't really have a genre at the time even.

You say that like it's a good thing.

I don't disagree any of those groups aren't worthy, because they are.

A Tribe Called Quest should get the call someday also.

A Tribe Called Quest should get the call someday also.

I think the R&R HOF is kinda stupid to begin with and then calling it rock and roll but adding all genres is even more stupid BUT if you're going to do it and include hip hop, not having Tribe in is completely ridiculous.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back