Iron Fist (Netflix)

VolsSportsFan

Mo Money Mo Problems - Michael Scott
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sEJeWB3RA8[/youtube]

Here you go Jerry. Coming March 17, 2017.

Reactions: 1 person
Apparently this is getting some terrible reviews; however I'm quite skeptical because many are still complaining they made him white. Not to mention several of the criticisms I've read are the same ones you can make about Luke Cage, yet the critics still gave it great reviews.

Because you know, how dare they cast a white guy to play a white comic book character.

Apparently this is getting some terrible reviews; however I'm quite skeptical because many are still complaining they made him white. Not to mention several of the criticisms I've read are the same ones you can make about Luke Cage, yet the critics still gave it great reviews.

Because you know, how dare they cast a white guy to play a white comic book character.

Only people complaining must not know he's always been white.

If it was Shang-Chi then maybe it would make sense.

Still going to give it a shot but reviews I've seen have been poor also, and none of the ones I've read had anything to do with him being white.

Reactions: 1 person
Still going to give it a shot but reviews I've seen have been poor also, and none of the ones I've read had anything to do with him being white.

Yeah, there is a theme throughout them all that is troubling. But what they are complaining about I thought you could say about Luke Cage, and that still was praised. Unless it's just that much worse, my gut reaction is the whole "whitewash" stuff is what is pushing the reviews worse whereas LC was given the benefit of the doubt.

Again, that's a gut reaction on my part and we'll find out when I watch. I thought LC was decent but vastly inferior to DD and JJ but critics praised it, so I'm a bit skeptical at the moment.

Anybody watching it? I know absolutely nothing about it but I'm watching the first episode right now.

Getting panned pretty badly. Loved the comic books.

I'm about 5 episodes in and it's not bad. I like how Carrie-Ann Moss' character is appearing in all of these Netflix Marvel series.

All that said, this feels like a slow developing re-telling of "Arrow". Rich kid disappears, presumed dead, comes back a martial arts badass, has family issues, has girlfriend issues, gets in fights against mysterious Asian gangs.

I'm about 5 episodes in and it's not bad. I like how Carrie-Ann Moss' character is appearing in all of these Netflix Marvel series.

All that said, this feels like a slow developing re-telling of "Arrow". Rich kid disappears, presumed dead, comes back a martial arts badass, has family issues, has girlfriend issues, gets in fights against mysterious Asian gangs.

Hopefully it doesn't turn into the ****y soap opera that the Arrow became.

Well I finally watched the last 2 episodes of Luke Cage last night, and I'm going to go straight into Iron Fist.

I've said it before but I'll say it again, if it's as bad as the critics are saying, then it's going to have to be really bad, because LC at best was a whole lot of "meh". Some parts were good and some parts were downright awful. The entire plot was stretched out to 13 episodes and could have been condensed to about half that. Some of the writing was confusingly bad, some of the acting was bad, and that finale with the showdown with the villain was easily the worst fight I've ever seen.

IGN has called Iron Fist easily the worst of the 4, and I'm hoping at worst it's just Luke Cage bad.

VN Store

Back