ESPN to end Mike & Mike?

Hoosier_Vol

Vol Stuck in B1G 10 Hell
Have seen multiple sites stating ESPN is considering ending the lobg running show. This is the only ESPN show I watch.

Reactions: 1 person
I've just been getting into Mike and Mike. Perfect stuff to listen to while walking in the AM. Hope that doesn't happen

ESPN losing all their best talent and now possibly their best show. I agree with Lebatard, just awful! Probably replace Mike & Mike with some WWE show now that they constantly cover fake sports.

Lebatard is the best show on ESPN radio, Highly Questionable with him, his dad, and Bomani is the best show on ESPN tv.

Well second best behind SVP's show.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
Whoever is running ESPN's programming is destroying them. I can't stand what it has become.

Lebatard is the best show on ESPN radio, Highly Questionable with him, his dad, and Bomani is the best show on ESPN tv.

I can't handle Bomani, I used to be cool with him, but I can't stand his overt political crap.

Reactions: 3 people
Whoever is running ESPN's programming is destroying them. I can't stand what it has become.

Definitely disconcerting if you own Disney stock. They have lost a lot of talent over the past couple years. I only watch ESPN during football season but I've noticed a bigger and bigger push to cover social issues outside of sports. I don't need a guy with half a PE degree giving me his take on race relations. The 24 hour cycle has been so bad for news and sports both. Just bottom of the barrel programs to fill time.

Reactions: 2 people
Definitely disconcerting if you own Disney stock. They have lost a lot of talent over the past couple years. I only watch ESPN during football season but I've noticed a bigger and bigger push to cover social issues outside of sports. I don't need a guy with half a PE degree giving me his take on race relations. The 24 hour cycle has been so bad for news and sports both. Just bottom of the barrel programs to fill time.

I agree. It has become way too political, and only very left leaning views at that. I don't want to tune in to ESPN to watch a town hall forum hosted by Jemele Hill about about cops and black people. That's not what ESPN is, well it is now, but it's not what it used to be.

Reactions: 2 people
My biggest issue with Mike and Mike is Greeny refuses to ask anyone a tough question. He sometimes comes across like he's in awe of some of the people on there. I like Golic but I don't like the fact that his son has now joined the ESPN team, lots of really good broadcasters in the world nbot getting a shot because of all the damn athletes.

I refuse to watch anything with Stephen A Smith and that sux because I like the new guy who does First Take. I also like Michelle Beadle and Mercellus Wiley.

My biggest issue with Mike and Mike is Greeny refuses to ask anyone a tough question. He sometimes comes across like he's in awe of some of the people on there. I like Golic but I don't like the fact that his son has now joined the ESPN team, lots of really good broadcasters in the world nbot getting a shot because of all the damn athletes.

I refuse to watch anything with Stephen A Smith and that sux because I like the new guy who does First Take. I also like Michelle Beadle and Mercellus Wiley.

Mike and Mike are the a.m equivalent to Jimmy Fallon.

Entertainment and nothing more.

I saw that they are considering giving Greeny his own show and pairing the two Golic's.

I imagine they would replace Russillo and Kanell.

Screamin A is a windbag and I hate first take as matter of principle.

Max is cool at times but that shows demands one of them take a opposing stand, no matter how ridiculous it is.

Last edited:
Mike and Mike are the a.m equivalent to Jimmy Fallon.

Entertainment and nothing more.

I saw that they are considering giving Greeny his own show and pairing the two Golic's.

I imagine they would replace Russillo and Kanell.

Screamin A is a windbag and I hate first take as matter of principle.

Max is cool at times but that shows demands one of them take a opposing stand, no matter how ridiculous it is.

Mike Golic is funny but he's such a ND homer that his schtick gets old. I can't imagine Greeny having his own show. Maybe he's giving blumpklin a to athletes he looks up to

Do guys that leave ESPN, like Cowherd and Bayless, actually get ratings like they got on ESPN? I always felt like their show ratings were a product of being broadcast on ESPN, not a product of their talent.

Not to say I don't like Cowherd, I think he brought an intellectual take (sometimes biased) to the radio/TV. Bayless I can't imagine anyone following anywhere.

Do guys that leave ESPN, like Cowherd and Bayless, actually get ratings like they got on ESPN? I always felt like their show ratings were a product of being broadcast on ESPN, not a product of their talent.

Not to say I don't like Cowherd, I think he brought an intellectual take (sometimes biased) to the radio/TV. Bayless I can't imagine anyone following anywhere.

I don't know about his solo show, but I know Cowherd's show with Jason Whitlock has done poorly.

Probably too soon to tell with Bayless.

Big fan of dan lebatard and bomani jones. I don't really watch highly questionable though. I listen to their radio shows.

ESPN radio has really gone downhill the last decade or so. Used to be great when they had Kornheiser, Dan & Dibbs, Gamenight with Chuck Wilson and Chris Moore, the V show, and all night wth Todd Wright. Don't listen much anymore.

Reactions: 1 person
As much as I refrain from Sportscenter, I love ESPN radio. Mike and Mike is 50/50 though. Greenberg laps up whoever the guest is and I find most of their recurring analyst guests annoying. Love Lebatard with Stugotz, I actually really like Russillo and Kanell and I think the best is Jalen and Jacoby. We get a local Cowherd wannabe that I can't stand in place of Jones.

Agreed, Papi is great. I miss SVP being with Russillo, Kanell is alright though. I'll watch ATH depending on who's on it.

VN Store

Back