Luke Cage (Netflix)

VolsSportsFan

Mo Money Mo Problems - Michael Scott
I've really liked Daredevil and Jessica Jones, so I'm pretty pumped for Luke Cage. It comes out this Friday, Sept. 30.

Finishes episode 5 and I'm done, even for comic book characters these people are just too stupid. The dialogue is painful, the acting sucks, the directing sucks, the sets suck, Cage has the charisma of a tree and is preachy AF. Please don't **** up Iron Fist like this.

Last edited:
Finishes episode 5 and I'm done, even for comic book characters these people are just too stupid. The dialogue is painful, the acting sucks, the directing sucks, the sets suck, Cage has the charisma of a tree and is preachy AF. Please don't **** up Iron Fist like this.

Strange, it's getting pretty great reviews; though some, like the USA Today review ("Best Marvel Series yet") seem to be going overboard.

I like it. Cage is dense but it's a switch from the standard all-knowing superhero fare.

He's a hero, that has no idea what he's doing...

Music in the series is great. The politicians and how they interact with the community is formulaic as hell.

It's got it's weak points, but I'm gonna finish it.

I like it. It's not great tho. The style kind of reminds me of 1980s comic TV series, just better special effects and awesome music.

I like it. Cage is dense but it's a switch from the standard all-knowing superhero fare.

He's a hero, that has no idea what he's doing...

Music in the series is great. The politicians and how they interact with the community is formulaic as hell.

It's got it's weak points, but I'm gonna finish it.

I don't think Cage is dense, now every other person in the city are complete idiots though. I mean they are Metropolis dumb. Lol I just don't find the actor interesting, he did well in JJ cause he was just a side story.

Sucks cause I'm a big Cage fan. The music is really good. The villains are weak, which sucks cause I like both actors. On the plus side, more Rosario Dawson and that makes me happy. Lol

Reactions: 2 people
I thoroughly enjoyed it... (I'm surprised at that because I don't follow Marvel comics)
The Rafael Saadiq song and a few others were straight..
I'm looking forward to season 2... Though I hope it's less of the Diamondback character.. He creeps me out 😖

6 episodes in and loving this show. All the folks out there complaining because they feel it's too Afro-centric get over it. It's true to form as the comic book was in the 70's minus the head band and yellow shirt he wore.

Reactions: 1 person
6 episodes in and loving this show. All the folks out there complaining because they feel it's too Afro-centric get over it. It's true to form as the comic book was in the 70's minus the head band and yellow shire he wore.

I figured this existed, but I hadn't heard anything yet. Link?

Not much of a spoiler, but better safe than sorry....

I thought they did a good job of incorporating BLM themes while not getting too preachy or making cops look like bad guys, but you probably haven't even seen much of that aspect of it yet if you are on episode 6.

Reactions: 1 person
I figured this existed, but I hadn't heard anything yet. Link?

Not much of a spoiler, but better safe than sorry....

I thought they did a good job of incorporating BLM themes while not getting too preachy or making cops look like bad guys, but you probably haven't even seen much of that aspect of it yet if you are on episode 6.

Huff - most of the complaints I'm hearing were from FB.

I thoroughly enjoyed it... (I'm surprised at that because I don't follow Marvel comics)
The Rafael Saadiq song and a few others were straight..
I'm looking forward to season 2... Though I hope it's less of the Diamondback character.. He creeps me out 😖

...which is why he's perfect for that role.

I love Misty Knight ...like for real.

Show worth watching? Like..is it more Jessica Jones or more Daredevil? Cuz Jessica Jones is terribadhorruble

Show worth watching? Like..is it more Jessica Jones or more Daredevil? Cuz Jessica Jones is terribadhorruble

I'm in the "it's not that great" crowd. I get that they're trying to make everything character driven pieces on these Netflix series. The acting is very good, the dialogue works, but the pacing is horrible. Scenes last way too long. I forced myself to watch 3 episodes and finally I turned it off because it was so boring.

Needs more grit to it. Characters die but it's more After School Special than Marvel Superhero series. Hope they don't do this to the Punisher.

VN Store

Back