RIP Gene Wilder

vader

El Chingón
Staff member
I loved the original Willy Wonka movie. His comedies with Richard Pryor were great (at the time). He was in Blazing Saddles, Young Frankenstein...

Great actor.

Reactions: 3 people
He had me in stitches in See No Evil, Hear No Evil. Is that still good? Haven't seen it since i was 12

Reactions: 2 people
He had me in stitches in See No Evil, Hear No Evil. Is that still good? Haven't seen it since i was 12

I honestly don't remember that one. The movie that I loved back in the day was "Stir Crazy". I wonder how that holds up.

I honestly don't remember that one. The movie that I loved back in the day was "Stir Crazy". I wonder how that holds up.

Deaf guy Wilder and blind guy Pryor are only witnesses to murder...they end up having to solve mystery it's OK Stir Crazy is better

So sad! One of the absolute funniest actors ever!

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
The Producers
Blazing Saddles
The Woman In Red
Stir Crazy
Young Frankenstein
Silver Streak
See No Evil Hear No Evil

The guy was a legend! He will certainly be missed!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Deaf guy Wilder and blind guy Pryor are only witnesses to murder...they end up having to solve mystery it's OK Stir Crazy is better

Yeah but this is one of the funniest scenes ever! I lost it in the theater at this scene. LOL!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXLAuTcunfA[/youtube]

Reactions: 3 people
Sad day.

His dead pan in Young Frankenstein is masterful. How he kept it together while Marty Feldman was being ridiculous, I'll never know.

I saw Mel Brooks last year after a screening of Blazing Saddles. He says that they had an original Jim but the guy was a big drunk. They brought Gene in to take over. Between scenes Mel would watch Gene sit over in the corner writing on a legal pad. Finally he went up to him and asked what he was doing. Writing a movie. After a few days Mel asked Gene to come over to his bungalow so they could help him. That movie was Young Frankenstein.

I saw Mel Brooks last year after a screening of Blazing Saddles. He says that they had an original Jim but the guy was a big drunk. They brought Gene in to take over. Between scenes Mel would watch Gene sit over in the corner writing on a legal pad. Finally he went up to him and asked what he was doing. Writing a movie. After a few days Mel asked Gene to come over to his bungalow so they could help him. That movie was Young Frankenstein.

I kinda wish they would have stayed as a team I think both would have benefited

Sad day.

His dead pan in Young Frankenstein is masterful. How he kept it together while Marty Feldman was being ridiculous, I'll never know.

Especially this scene! It breaks me up every time! LOL!

[YouTube]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tMvAtmdanUQ[/YouTube]

We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams :(

VN Store

Back