American Gods (Starz)

UTCVol

Soon.
First teaser trailer:

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyoXURn9oK0[/YOUTUBE]

Based on Neil Gaiman's award-winning book of the same name, and starring Ian McShane and Ricky Whittle.

Really excited for this one.

Reactions: 1 person
Can't believe there aren't more fans of this book on here.

The book was good but I wanted it to be better...i wonder where they shot the big finale?

Last edited:
The book was good but I wanted it to be better...i wonder where they shot the big finale?

Looks like they've done a lot of the shooting in Canada...then the prison setting in Oklahoma.

Preview here...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Elpja6QEBn4 [/youtube]

Gonna be interesting to see how well Starz does here...theyve done some good shows in the past, The Spartacus series, Outlander, and Black Sails.

Looks like they've done a lot of the shooting in Canada...then the prison setting in Oklahoma.

Preview here...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Elpja6QEBn4 [/youtube]

Gonna be interesting to see how well Starz does here...theyve done some good shows in the past, The Spartacus series, Outlander, and Black Sails.

Well the finale in the book...spoiler alert...is Lookout Mountain.

The casting of Wednesday is not how I imagined the character but otherwise it looks like they are sticking very closely to the book.

Black Sails- was ho hum.

it ended a season earlier than it shouldve. had a lot of steam building up, then they threw a wrench in the whole thing and placated the epic would-be battles by marooning Flint and introducing a previously unseen love angle (Flint was gay or bisexual). I could have understood it up they warmed us up to this idea somehow, but they really just sprung it out of nowhere. Terrible execution in the last season, especially towards the end. Writers killed that show.

Crazy premier. A lot of the CGI stuff (over the top blood, sex and gore) is reminiscent to Spartacus. The sex scene was horrifying and amazing at the same time. Some interesting characters here.

Can't believe how true to the book they stayed. I wasn't sure how the rambling story structure would work on television but they stuck to their guns.

Anyone watching this who hasn't read the book?

I've not read the book. Looks pretty interesting. Definitely looks 'strange', but it's intriguing.

I've read most of Gaiman's stuff. "American Gods" was my 3rd favorite book, behind no.1 "Neverwhere" and no. 2 "Good Omens"( I believe that was the title), co-written with Terry( damn, I can't remember his name, right now, fantasy genre writer, I believe) Owens? Anyway, my point is, as good as those are, his collections of short stories are even better. But, his best stuff, by far, imo, was the "Sandman" comic. In fact, "Sandman" may be the best comic series, I have ever read.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back