2016 Emmy Nominations

Also, how awesome is Ben Mendelsohn on Bloodline? He got nominated for Best Supporting Actor all while just appearing in flashbacks and basically as a ghost all season and was in less than half of it.

And speaking of that category, man that's a packed category. Dinklage, Harrington, Mendelsohn, Michael Kelly from House of Cards, Jon Freakin' Voight from Ray Donovan, and my personal favorite and the one I'm rooting for, Jonathan Banks from BCS.

Dinklage doesn't really deserve the nomination this year, IMO. Not that he wasn't great, he just only had about 15 minutes of screen time.

Dinklage doesn't really deserve the nomination this year, IMO. Not that he wasn't great, he just only had about 15 minutes of screen time.

I think he got it because A) he won it last year and B) since GOT doesn't really have any "lead" actors or actresses they feel like they need to stack the Support Category since the show is probably going to win the Emmy for Best Drama again.

He shouldn't win it this year. I've watched all those shows and it will be a crime if Banks doesn't get it, but I thought he deserved it last year.

Having said all that, I just realized Christian Slater was totally snubbed, which is crazy considering he won the Golden Globe. I definitely think he should have gotten in over Dinklage this year, and probably Harrington too.

Honestly, there is nothing special about what Kit Harrington does on GoT. I like him, but it's not like he's slaying a difficult role.

Honestly, there is nothing special about what Kit Harrington does on GoT. I like him, but it's not like he's slaying a difficult role.

I pretty much agree. I like him and all but he's not why the show is awesome.

IMO

Lead Drama Actor: Bob Odenkirk
Lead Drama Actress: Tatiana Maslany
Lead Comedy Actor: William H. Macy
Lead Comedy Actress: Ellie Kemper
Best Comedy: Silicon Valley
Best Drama: The Americans
Best Limited Series: Fargo (OJ is a lock for this one, though)
Supporting Drama Actor: Jonathan Banks
Supporting Drama Actress: Lena Headey

GoT should sweep any cinematography, direction, production, or music awards. In those categories it was by far the best this year.

They seem to award people who hang around a while and have the unfortunate timing of going up against a juggernaut, like Jon Hamm waiting out Bryan Cranston. So I fully expect Kevin Spacey to get it since he's been nominated 4 years a in row now. After that I think Odenkirk.

IMO

Lead Drama Actor: Bob Odenkirk
Lead Drama Actress: Tatiana Maslany
Lead Comedy Actor: William H. Macy
Lead Comedy Actress: Ellie Kemper
Best Comedy: Silicon Valley
Best Drama: The Americans
Best Limited Series: Fargo (OJ is a lock for this one, though)
Supporting Drama Actor: Jonathan Banks
Supporting Drama Actress: Lena Headey

GoT should sweep any cinematography, direction, production, or music awards. In those categories it was by far the best this year.
If it wins all those other awards, I think it's likely to win series, too.

Finally ANW getting the respect it deserves. The emmy nominators really got it right with that one.

VN Store

Back