The Dark Tower (February 17, 2017)

95 Vol Alum

Go Big Vols!
Based on the series by Stephen King.

Gunslinger Roland Deschain roams an Old West-like landscape in search of the dark tower, in the hopes that reaching it will preserve his dying world.

Director: Nikolaj Arcel

Writers: Nikolaj Arcel (screenplay), Akiva Goldsman (screenplay)

Stars: Matthew McConaughey (The Man in Black), Idris Elba (The Gunslinger), Katheryn Winnick

The Dark Tower (2017) - IMDb

343B5D8500000578-3592955-image-m-27_1463409091718.jpg

3089076-flag_ny3.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
Love Idris Elba, but what the heck is Hollywood thinking with these casting decisions? Elba playing the Gunslinger? You gotta be kidding me. Did anyone ever picture Idris Elba when they imagined Roland Deschain?

Reactions: 2 people
I'm currently reading Wolves of the Calla so haven't finished the full series. I have no idea how they cut all that material to one movie. Really surprised this didn't get made as a series or 3 movie plan.

Love Idris Elba, but what the heck is Hollywood thinking with these casting decisions? Elba playing the Gunslinger? You gotta be kidding me. Did anyone ever picture Idris Elba when they imagined Roland Deschain?

Unrelated, but I felt the same when Timothy Olyphant was cast as the Hitman (Agent 47)

The only person to imagine was Eastwood.

Are they making a series or changing up everything to fit into one movie?

The only person to imagine was Eastwood.

Are they making a series or changing up everything to fit into one movie?

When I read it I imagined Eastwood too. I think Elba is a good enough actor to pull it off though. Makes you wonder what they are going to do with the Detta story down the line

The character was based on Clint Eastwood as the man with no name. With that said, I really don't care what he looks like. I care about his acting ability.

No way this is a one film deal. They can't even begin to touch the story in a single feature.

The character was based on Clint Eastwood as the man with no name. With that said, I really don't care what he looks like. I care about his acting ability.

I'm pretty sure that out of all tee actors in the world. You can find one that can act, and actually resembles the characters image. This smacks of more Hollywood PC bull manure to me.

Casting for this is beyond stupid...and I actually like all of the actors.

I don't believe so

Based on what. I honestly haven't found anything that suggests anything more than one film.

Even the cast suggests that. They have parts cast for characters from the last 2 books but not some of the katet.

Based on what. I honestly haven't found anything that suggests anything more than one film.

Even the cast suggests that. They have parts cast for characters from the last 2 books but not some of the katet.

That's because Jake is the only one in the first book. But I honestly have nothing more than wishful thoughts

Understand. It was the casting of characters from the later books that was throwing me off.

Last edited:
Neither is Tirana but she's in the cast. Sayre...don't remember him in book 1 either but casted.

I don't remeber either of those. Is Tirana is his love interest? If so they may be telling it in chronological order

To this day I still think Wizard and Glass is the best love story I've ever read. His love interest was Susan Delgado, and if they try to stray from THAT casting when it comes I'm not going to be happy at all.

I really don't see Idris as Roland, but I'm not going to avoid seeing the movie based on that alone. I think Randall Flagg is actually a decent casting if he can pull it off, but if they aren't going to follow the order of the books I just can't see this going too well unless the movie is just supremely badass, which it has the potential to be.

VN Store

Back