Bloodline (Netflix)

kiddiedoc

Renaissance Man
Staff member
Season 2 is released on the 27th. I really enjoyed the first season but am curious as to where it goes after the climactic ending of the last episode. (Spoilers omitted)

Season 2 is released on the 27th. I really enjoyed the first season but am curious as to where it goes after the climactic ending of the last episode. (Spoilers omitted)

I put that on my list, but haven't watched yet.

Season 1 was pretty great, but

they killed the best character. I am interested to see where they go. I can't foresee a storyline that would be as interesting as season 1. Do they have more secrets to reveal or are we just on damage control from now on?

Season 1 was outstanding, but yeah....not sure how they follow up considering.

The show was a little slow at times, but I will watch season 2 while waiting for next season of Peaky Blinders and Ray Donovan (Showtime).

I watched half of season 1 can someone just tell me what ended up happening in a spoiler tag.

I don't think you need a spoiler tag when it's been out for a year. I think we are free to talk about whatever from season 1. For season 2 we should use spoilers until we've given it time.

I suggest you watch. Why not? Why skip ahead to season 2? You are missing probably the best 6 episodes the series will have.

That being said, there is probably someone here who can better explain what was revealed, but here it goes:

The big family secret was that the Dad was abusive and they covered for him. The black sheep got his ass kicked because his Dad blamed him for his sister drowning and it scarred him for life and drove a wedge in the family. Seems like there is some other family secret I'm forgetting about, but the black sheep was threatening to reveal secrets of individuals in the family that would ruin them all, so big bro ended up killing little bro.

I don't think you need a spoiler tag when it's been out for a year. I think we are free to talk about whatever from season 1. For season 2 we should use spoilers until we've given it time.

I suggest you watch. Why not? Why skip ahead to season 2? You are missing probably the best 6 episodes the series will have.

That being said, there is probably someone here who can better explain what was revealed, but here it goes:

The big family secret was that the Dad was abusive and they covered for him. The black sheep got his ass kicked because his Dad blamed him for his sister drowning and it scarred him for life and drove a wedge in the family. Seems like there is some other family secret I'm forgetting about, but the black sheep was threatening to reveal secrets of individuals in the family that would ruin them all, so big bro ended up killing little bro.

Or did he?

I won't watch it. It was too slow for me. Just wanted to know what ended up happening.

I won't watch it. It was too slow for me. Just wanted to know what ended up happening.

My wife and I quit watching season 1 a little over halfway through. It got to where there was no character left we liked.

The Dad was crazy mean, with hints of even crazier proclivities to follow. Mom new it but didn't leave with the kids. John kills his own brother, Danny.
Danny, although majorly screwed by Dad when he was blamed for his sisters drowning as a kid, and never forgiven. Even to the point of the surviving lawyer sister(affairs left and right) following the dead dad's directive to write him out of the will. Then there's the youngest brother, screwup in his own right, whose wife is leaving him.

So the storyline is just going to be SOS of seriously compromised personalities in a soap opera series that could have played for years and years on afternoon TV in previous decades.

You like a dark soap. Go for it.

Reactions: 1 person
I like characters with flaws. It makes it real. If you're perfect, you're boring (and you probably don't exist anyway). I mean, you can hate the sister for being a cheater because it makes her a bad person or whatever, but I guarantee we all know cheaters and we like some of them.

I like characters with flaws. It makes it real. If you're perfect, you're boring (and you probably don't exist anyway). I mean, you can hate the sister for being a cheater because it makes her a bad person or whatever, but I guarantee we all know cheaters and we like some of them.

Well, sure. Danny, warts and all, could have kept me there. The rest of the fam...naw. Now it's just more of "The Killing" or "Top of the Lake" constantly compelling pathos. I like it not.

I watched a few episodes of the 2nd season today, they just keep diggin that hole deeper.

on a side note also watched the new Adam Sandler movies on netflix. not that bad, best thing he has done in awhile.

Last edited:
Kevin may be the new king of bad decision-makers. It's like he has to keep one-upping himself on what not to do.

VN Store

Back