Beauty and the Beast (March 17, 2017)

CagleMtnVol

Beauty and the Beast

Disney next live-action version and remake after making other live-action fantasy films such as Maleficent, Cinderella, and The Jungle Book

Release Date: March 17th, 2017

MPAA Rating: TBA

Studio: Walt Disney

Directed by: Bill Condon

Starring:
Emma Watson as Belle
Dan Stevens as The Beast
Luke Evans as Gaston
Emma Thompson
Stanley Tucci
Ian McKellen
Ewan McGregor
Kevin Kline
Josh Gad
Gugu Mbatha-Raw
Audra McDonald

Beauty and the Beast | Official Trailer #1
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DziuCaeIX1g[/youtube]

Beauty And The Beast’ Teaser Trailer Breaks ‘Force Awakens’ 24-Hour View Record

The upcoming live-action version of Disney’s Beauty and The Beast is already breaking records, well ahead of its March 17, 2017 release date. Earlier this week a short teaser was released, only showing Emma Watson (Belle) for a short second but the music, nostalgia and infamous castle was enough to get fans excited.

The trailer broke the record for most views within a 24 hour period for a teaser, which was originally held by Star Wars: The Force Awakens. This teaser was watched 91.8 million times in the first 24 hours, passing the 88 million views that the second teaser for The Force Awakens.

I enjoyed the cartoon from the 90's. I hate to admit it, but it's true. It was a girlfriends fault though, I swear.

Not pretty enough. Yeah I said it!

IDK...she's one of those people that has that fairly rare ability to manage to be able to be "pretty" or "cute" as needed. I'd agree her strength isn't in that stereotypical (sometimes almost harshly) pretty/beautiful look but she sure manages to be damned attractive by most people's standards.

And at the end of the day such things are very much "eye of the beholder" of course.

Reactions: 1 person
My wife has contributed to about 100 of those views for the first hour.

IDK...she's one of those people that has that fairly rare ability to manage to be able to be "pretty" or "cute" as needed. I'd agree her strength isn't in that stereotypical (sometimes almost harshly) pretty/beautiful look but she sure manages to be damned attractive by most people's standards.

And at the end of the day such things are very much "eye of the beholder" of course.

Don't get me wrong, I like her as an actress. I've just never understood the fascination Harry Potter geeks have had with her, looks wise. She's "cute" but I would never categorize her as a stunning beauty, which I always got the impression that "Belle" was.

Don't get me wrong, I like her as an actress. I've just never understood the fascination Harry Potter geeks have had with her, looks wise. She's "cute" but I would never categorize her as a stunning beauty, which I always got the impression that "Belle" was.

Well "fanboys" have an almost emotional attachment that goes beyond simple observation. I think Scarlett Johansson is attractive but not NEARLY as much as some people find her...particularly Marvel/Black Widow fanboys.

Emma Watson is the epitome of "girl next door" attractive.

Not pretty enough. Yeah I said it!

tumblr_mugux2rumf1rdh9azo1_400.gif

Exactly. She's cute! I'm not denying that. However to hear some talk, you'd think she ranks right up there with Raquel Welch and Sofia Loren.

I just think she's wrong for THIS particular part.

Well you're obviously 80 so that might have something to do with your feelings on this matter.

Reactions: 3 people

They grew up with her. She's attached to something they love.

Kind of reminds me of Star Wars fanboys that obsessed over young Carrie Fisher. Pretty? Yes. Smoking hot? No.

Well you're obviously 80 so that might have something to do with your feelings on this matter.

Yes because acknowledging two of the most iconic, widely considered beautiful actresses of all time makes a person old. I suppose Marilyn Monroe is completely off anyone's radar under 30 as well.

VN Store

Back