The Expanse

I couldn't find another thread for this show though I thought we discussed it in another thread regardless. Season 3 just started, it's only 2 episodes in if you need to catch up.

This is an excellent space series. The sets, the visuals, the cgi is fantastic. One of the last episodes of season 2 was visually stunning and just gorgeous. The acting is on par as well.

I think you can find seasons 1 and 2 on Netflix now.

This is the space show you should be watching but probably aren't.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X5gXIQmY-E[/youtube]

It’s a very good show and adaptation from the expanse novels by James A Corey. They’ve changed things to help it work better for TV but not in a way that should bother fans of the books. I say watch it. Having an idea of where this is going makes me pretty excited to see it.

I want to make time for this show. I tried to watch the first few of season 1 and really liked the concept.

Well I was going to start watching this, but I'm not wasting my time on another unfinished story.

They'll probably have an end in place that concludes the story but leaves an opening for more.

Are they done with the book series? When I was reading an article on who may pick up the show I think I remember seeing something about more books to come.

I considered starting the books but if there's more books to come I'm waiting. Not gonna start a great series anymore until it's finished. I feel like I'm gonna get burned by George RR Martin.

Are they done with the book series? When I was reading an article on who may pick up the show I think I remember seeing something about more books to come.

I considered starting the books but if there's more books to come I'm waiting. Not gonna start a great series anymore until it's finished. I feel like I'm gonna get burned by George RR Martin.

There are 7 novels and 4 novellas out already, with 2 more novels and 1 more novella planned. I'm about to start them.

Ironically the 2 guys writing the books are former writing assistants to GRR Martin.

The books are very good. Some of the best sci fi in recent years.

Reactions: 1 person
Ironically the 2 guys writing the books are former writing assistants to GRR Martin.

The books are very good. Some of the best sci fi in recent years.
That's what I've heard. Almost started them a year ago when I found the The Expanse was based on books. Looks like it's a 9 book series and 7 are already published. 8th one comes out this year if it hasn't already and the last is slated for next year.

I wanted to wait till Winds of Winter before I started a new series but I'm not expecting that anytime soon. My guess is sometime after the HBO series is done if Martin finishes them.

Hopefully the Amazon deal gets finalized.

It's a beautiful show from the CGI all the way down to the sets they use.

Anyone see the latest episode!? Brilliant!

tenor.gif

Reactions: 1 person
This makes me ecstatic. The Expanse is the greatest Sci-Fi series since Stargate and I was extremely upset when they canceled it.

IKR. That was one of the most epic endings to any episode of this series.

I almost wish they left it as a cliff hanger instead of showing the previews for next week.

I don't know if anyone followed the last seasons of Dr Who but this scenario reminds me of one of those episodes which involved time.

VN Store

Back