Penny Dreadful

Started watching it about 2 weeks ago and binged until last night. It's pretty good.

Watched the first two seasons just a little over a month ago. Great show. Season 2 in particular is fantastic.

Kind of funny you just made this the day after the Season 3 premiere. I haven't watched it yet.

Even though I knew exactly what was coming, I legit squealed like a little girl at the end of the first episode this season. So damn good.

Reactions: 1 person
This season has been a let down but after Sundays episode it seems that it could get better

It hasn't been as good as the first 2 seasons but it's still been entertaining.

I am a bit sick of the "Men Haters Club" storyline but at least they're apparently finally going somewhere with it. The whole Ethan going back to America storyline seemed a bit pointless and anti-climactic as well. Brian Cox playing Ethan's dad was sort of made a big deal but he only made it 2 episodes, and having the detective and Ethan's witch girlfriend die like they did made the whole storyline seem like there was no point other than to make an excuse for Vanessa to be alone so Dracula could take advantage.

I'm also wondering if we get to see Mr. Hyde this season or if they are waiting until next season.

It hasn't been as good as the first 2 seasons but it's still been entertaining.

I am a bit sick of the "Men Haters Club" storyline but at least they're apparently finally going somewhere with it. The whole Ethan going back to America storyline seemed a bit pointless and anti-climactic as well. Brian Cox playing Ethan's dad was sort of made a big deal but he only made it 2 episodes, and having the detective and Ethan's witch girlfriend die like they did made the whole storyline seem like there was no point other than to make an excuse for Vanessa to be alone so Dracula could take advantage.

I'm also wondering if we get to see Mr. Hyde this season or if they are waiting until next season.

Agree with you on most but it seems like most of the season has just been low key episodes for the finale. Wondering how it ends to propel into another season. How many things could be after Vanessa?

Well, just watched the finale, and as much as I found it heartbreaking, I'm overall pretty disappointed. So much potential in this show, especially after season 2, but this past season (and last season at that), just feels off. Still a pretty solid season, but I feel like there is/was so much more there they could have gone with the story and these characters.

ugh...i'm pissed now.

I don't really get this, because apparently this was the decision of the showrunners, it wasn't cancelled nor were there any indications it was in danger. I can get if some of the actors didn't want to be tied down to the show anymore, but again, I didn't see any indication any of the principal cast felt that way either.

The ending would have been fine if the show had been going on another season or 2, but given how the season went on, it felt like a very rushed ending. Eva barely felt like she was in the show this season, and having everyone split up the entire season just off. The Lily/Dorian storyline just abruptly stopped, Eva/Dracula storyline just abruptly stopped, and we only get a very slight reference to Mr. Hyde.

Just feels like moreso the showrunners were ready to quit. They had a ton of story left to tell.

I heard Eva only signed on for 3 seasons and wasn't willing to commit anymore to it

I can buy that, but to be honest the show could have gone on without that character, at least another season or 2. I'm more of a fan of the show because of it's incorporating classic monster/horror story characters, not specifically because of her story arc.

I can buy that, but to be honest the show could have gone on without that character, at least another season or 2. I'm more of a fan of the show because of it's incorporating classic monster/horror story characters, not specifically because of her story arc.

I don't know why they even introduced hyde

Just started watching this. It sucks that it has a crappy ending according to you guys, but oh well, it's great right now. I love Deadwood too, and it kinda just petered out with no resolution the last season.

Just started watching this. It sucks that it has a crappy ending according to you guys, but oh well, it's great right now. I love Deadwood too, and it kinda just petered out with no resolution the last season.

The ending wasn't so much crappy as felt rushed. If that had been the ending after a few more seasons, I probably wouldn't have had as much of a problem with it, but it felt like they sprinted to the finish line.

VN Store

Back