Spider-Man: Homecoming (July 7th, 2017)

CagleMtnVol

Spider-Man: Homecoming

Release Date: July 7th, 2017

MPAA Rating: TBA

Directed by: Jon Watts

Written by: John Francis Daley & Jonathan M. Goldstein (Both co-wrote Vacation:huh:)

Starring:
Tom Holland
Marisa Tomei
Zendaya

Last edited:
Spider-Man’ 2017 Movie Re-Named ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’

Spider-Man’ 2017 Movie Re-Named ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’

Sony saved its best for last (or as Sony motion picture chairman Tom Rothman put it, it was his “Steve Jobs move”) — in this case the announcement by the new Spider-Man Tom Holland that the 2017 reboot of the Marvel superhero will be known as Spider-Man: Homecoming. As previously announced, pic hits theaters on July 7, 2017 and this Spider-Man will be fully integrated into the greater cinematic Marvel universe which Disney counts the bulk of. Jon Watts is directing Spider-Man: Homecoming and Marisa Tomei stars as Aunt May and Zendaya as Michelle.

Rothman explained that the title Homecoming has a high school ring to it, but also as Holland said,”Peter (Parker) is trying to find his way home.” Rothman gave a shout out to former Sony motion picture group chair Amy Pascal, who is producing the film.

In addition, Holland introduced footage where Parker enters his home to find Aunt May with Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.). Stark tells Parker that he has applied for a special grant, and that he has been accepted. This is all news to Parker. The clip was capped off by the scene where Spidey makes his cameo in the upcoming Captain America: Civil War, which Disney is actually showing to exhibitors and CinemaCon attendees tomorrow.

Another reboot? Interesting, but I like Spider-Man.

Weird title.

At least it's not another origin story reboot.

Coming back to the Marvel universe and in high school? Yeah, I'm totally fine with the title.

Last edited:
It's so pathetic that they can't get spider-man right, but I'll give them as many chances as they take. Can't believe the Willem Defoe one is still the best one.

Reactions: 1 person
It's so pathetic that they can't get spider-man right, but I'll give them as many chances as they take. Can't believe the Willem Defoe one is still the best one.

Spider-Man 2 ftw

If they hadn't botched 3 do bad they could have just changed actors and moved along with new villains. But Noooooooo.... They had to squeeze venom into it. Supposedly Rami didn't want to do Venom but the studio insisted. They should have just held off for the next installment.

2 drives me crazy. He doesn't have his powers for half the movie. The whole f-ing point in watching a superhero movie is to see them use their cool powers.

Everything else about 2 is good, tho

2 drives me crazy. He doesn't have his powers for half the movie. The whole f-ing point in watching a superhero movie is to see them use their cool powers.

Everything else about 2 is good, tho

I agree about the powerless part, especially since it was just some silly mental block.

Overall I think Rami did a good job capturing the spirit of Spider-Man while also writing a love letter to Superman I & II. There are a ton of parallels in the 4 films.

I'm pretty sure they've said they are not going to make an origin story.

The only origin story they should do is in the opening credits.

Same goes for Superman and Batman. Theses characters are so iconic that no one NEEDS another full origin movie for at least another 30 years.

The only origin story they should do is in the opening credits.

Same goes for Superman and Batman. Theses characters are so iconic that no one NEEDS another full origin movie for at least another 30 years.

I'd laugh if they pulled a Deadpool and the movie starts with it being an origin story, and Parker stops and says to the audience "Wait you know this #&@^ already!" and then jumps to him as Spider-man catching a bad guy or something.

Won't happen by any means, but it'd be funny.

I would rank them in the order they came out honestly. The first two were good. Three wasn't as good, but watchable. The last two were not very good. Hopefully Homecoming ends that trend.

My order goes Raimis second one, then the first one

Then his third

Then the first reboot

Part 2 to that movie.

I do not like my Peter emo or cocky...

I'd laugh if they pulled a Deadpool and the movie starts with it being an origin story, and Parker stops and says to the audience "Wait you know this #&@^ already!" and then jumps to him as Spider-man catching a bad guy or something.

Or Deadpool shows up as it starts takes the director hostage and makes them skip the origins stuff. In turn setting up a Spiderman/Deadpool team up.

Or Deadpool shows up as it starts takes the director hostage and makes them skip the origins stuff. In turn setting up a Spiderman/Deadpool team up.

And if Parker gets lippy he'll say "I'm this close to calling Tobey Maguire kid".

That would be funny.

I agree about the powerless part, especially since it was just some silly mental block.

Overall I think Rami did a good job capturing the spirit of Spider-Man while also writing a love letter to Superman I & II. There are a ton of parallels in the 4 films.

This is interesting. Can you give some more info on this? Or provide a link I can read about it. I've never heard this.

This is interesting. Can you give some more info on this? Or provide a link I can read about it. I've never heard this.

No link. Just an observation I've made in the past.

It's been a long time since I've watched Spider-Man although I did watch Superman about a year ago with my kids.

It's mostly little things like the shot of Parker ripping open his shirt to reveal the costume underneath. Both characters lose their powers in the second movie. There is more but those are just off the top of my head. A 'ton' may be a stretch but there are quite a few.

To be clear I'm not calling the Rami Spider-Man movies rip-offs or anything. Just subtle nods to movies which Rami presumably loved that happened to be in the same same genre.

Interesting! So is Tony Stark the new Agent Coulson or Fury?

There are reports that Robert Downey Jr has closed a deal to appear in Spider-Man: Homecoming as Tony Stark/Iron Man

VN Store

Back