Sausage party the movie

Dallasbowlin

Everything woke turns to sh*t
Not sure of the release date, but the film looks hilarious, stars Seth rogen, and others. Rated r, btw.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/c7fP9q_LyDc [/youtube]

Sausage Party, the first R-rated CG animated movie, is about one sausage leading a group of supermarket products on a quest to discover the truth about their existence and what really happens when they become chosen to leave the grocery store. The film features the vocal talents of a who's who of today's comedy stars - Seth Rogen, Kristen Wiig, Jonah Hill, Bill Hader, Michael Cera, James Franco, Danny McBride, Craig Robinson, Paul Rudd, Nick Kroll, David Krumholtz, Edward Norton, and Salma Hayek.
- Written by Sony Pictures Entertainment

Reactions: 1 person
This looks like the best stoner movie to come out in awhile

I love how they're slapping a giant R rating symbol on every piece of marketed for this film. Even still, you know there's plenty of dumb@$$ parents who are going to flip s#$% when they moronically take their kids to see this.

I love how they're slapping a giant R rating symbol on every piece of marketed for this film. Even still, you know there's plenty of dumb@$$ parents who are going to flip s#$% when they moronically take their kids to see this.

The trailer got shown accidentally during the Finding Dory premiere weekend. There are already plenty of traumatized kids.

I can't get excited about this until I actually see it's doing well...IDK, the trailers haven't sold me. I'm a big Rogen fan, too.

Just got back from previewing it. Overall there were some damn good gut-busting laughs throughout, but it wasn't as consistently funny as I was hoping. Definitely some stretches where it's just meh. When it's funny though, it's pretty damn funny, especially the last 15 mins (ESPECIALLY a certain scene right towards the end that had me rolling in the aisle). Bonus points for the general idea which i thought was interesting and smart, and there was some well done social commentary throughout. Much like South Park, Sausage Party takes a shot at pretty much everybody, and doesn't single anybody out from being possibly offended. If you can handle a bunch of vulgar language, tons of sexual innuendo, and a lot of race/sex/religious jokes, it's worth checking out, though not quite as great as I was hoping. As far as adult animated films go, I'd have it on the tier below the South Park Movie.

B+

Last edited:
The single most offensive thing I have ever seen, and it was hilarious. Seriously, it stereotyped and took a shot at every culture you can think of. Not for the faint of heart, but I really enjoyed it.

Imma agree with a poster above and give it a B+

Saw the funny but also thought I needed to call the police! Very uncomfortable.

Wouldnt waste the money for it at a theater - wait for the dvd in 2 months or maybe less

Wouldnt waste the money for it at a theater - wait for the dvd in 2 months or maybe less

Streaming on Netflix/Amazon Prime and you're drunk? I mean The Wall level plastered?

I can't believe this was the #1 movie this week.

edit: I was wrong. It was #2.

Last edited:
Was SOOO excited to see this movie. Even at 46 I have a pretty juvenile sense of humor.
Maybe I hyped it up too much in my head but I thought it was awful! If you saw the trailer you pretty much saw the majority of the funny parts. It was over the top but not in a good way. I love it when comedy pushes the envelope, but it was completely smashed with this. And not in a good way. I think you can find funny in just about anything. This just felt so forced for no reason. And the ending? Left me cringing and was frankly hard to watch (pun intended). The humor in the whole thing was completely lost on me.

VN Store

Back