HBO's Vinyl

VolinMichigan

Lifelong member of the Good Guys Club
Anybody watch the pilot? Thought it was pretty good. Scorsese co-created with Mick Jagger. He also directed the pilot. Kind of like goodfellas meets boogie nights. It's already been picked up for another season.

Anybody watch the pilot? Thought it was pretty good. Scorsese co-created with Mick Jagger. He also directed the pilot. Kind of like goodfellas meets boogie nights. It's already been picked up for another season.

I enjoyed it....for the most part. However I found the gratuitous overuse of the F bomb to be distracting after a while and that horrible scene with Andrew Dice Clay went too far and was unnecessary. Also I thought they tried way too hard to cram as many 70's musical references in a 2 hour period as possible. I'll continue to watch...for a while but I hope the main character comes off more sympathetic in future episodes than he did in the pilot. As it stands right now, NOBODY is a sympathetic or like able character.

I enjoyed it....for the most part. However I found the gratuitous overuse of the F bomb to be distracting after a while and that horrible scene with Andrew Dice Clay went too far and was unnecessary. Also I thought they tried way too hard to cram as many 70's musical references in a 2 hour period as possible. I'll continue to watch...for a while but I hope the main character comes off more sympathetic in future episodes than he did in the pilot. As it stands right now, NOBODY is a sympathetic or like able character.

what the crap are you talking about? Everybody loves Raymond!

Reactions: 2 people
Its Scorsese so of course it's going to be gratuitous and liberal with the sex, drugs and f bombs. And the main character openly admits he's an ***hole so I'm not sure you're supposed to have sympathy per se but realize that at least he's one ***hole amongst an entire industry of ***holes and he's trying to clean up his act.

Negatives:
-Only main problem i had was with the run time. A pilot that is two hours in length is a little heavy especially with no commercial breaks. i had to take a brief break about halfway through it hahaha

Positives:
-Martin Scoresese masterfully captures the 1970's NYC grunge scene (I kept thinking about the similar look to Taxi Driver while watching).
-Bobby Cannavale is an amazing actor. He really takes it to a new level here.
-The soundtrack is pretty good. If your into 70's/80's rock.
-Count me in for Everybody Loves Raymond blowing lines

I enjoyed it, but I wasn't completely blown away by it either. Will probably have a better idea of where I stand after a couple of episodes.

After reading y'alls posts, I decided to record tonight and watch tomorrow.

Its Scorsese so of course it's going to be gratuitous and liberal with the sex, drugs and f bombs. And the main character openly admits he's an ***hole so I'm not sure you're supposed to have sympathy per se but realize that at least he's one ***hole amongst an entire industry of ***holes and he's trying to clean up his act.

Audiences arent going to continue to watch a show who's main character is flat out unlikeable. Tony Soprano was an ******* too but his character was likeable. President Frank Underwood of House of Cards is one of the most despicable human beings Ive seen on TV, yet you cant help but pull for him. I didn't feel that way at all about Richie Finestra.

Pretty good watch. Never would have thought the music industry was that cutthroat. Love the 70's music!

I miss my bell-bottoms.

I haven't seen the second one yet. My question is the big scene at the end, what that his brother?

Audiences arent going to continue to watch a show who's main character is flat out unlikeable. Tony Soprano was an ******* too but his character was likeable. President Frank Underwood of House of Cards is one of the most despicable human beings Ive seen on TV, yet you cant help but pull for him. I didn't feel that way at all about Richie Finestra.

Walter White was a total *******. Not likable and he wasn't even funny or cool. He was just a brain. It really depends on how well written the character/series is.

Reactions: 1 person
Just watched the newest episode and it was by far the best one so far. The Alice Cooper segment was fantastic!

Just watched the newest episode and it was by far the best one so far. The Alice Cooper segment was fantastic!

D****! For the first time since the early 80's, I wish I had HBO.

I watched the premier and Ep1 when we got a free weekend of HBO. Hoping the next free HBO weekend they show all the ones I'm missing. Good show!

D****! For the first time since the early 80's, I wish I had HBO.

I watched the premier and Ep1 when we got a free weekend of HBO. Hoping the next free HBO weekend they show all the ones I'm missing. Good show!

I don't have cable but I'm using HBO Now through my Roku. 14.99 per month and totally worth it IMO.

Two options for me too gain Internet access.

1-XFinity, who, through several phone conversations with them, says my address doesn't exist. I laugh then ask them, then how the hell do I get mail from you addressed to me every other friggin' day?

2-Get a hot spot, or whatever they call it, from AT&T. I think it's time, as soon as I can get rid of Dish.

This show has become better each episode. Love the downward spiral

This show is the reason there's no more Boardwalk Empire.

Even as a huge Scorsese fan, I couldn't wait to watch this show flop, out of pure spite.

Stupid idea, played out 70's rock concept, stupid premise.

I'm 3 episodes in.

This show is terrific.........

I loved the "twist" at the end. I honestly didn't see that coming! Very "Sixth Sense."

It was pretty easy to figure out when they walked into his office. I do t think they meant it to be a twist as much as a story line. I thought the reveal of how was more interesting. Also, how much further can he spiral downward? I love his demise. It's like watching a train wreck in slow motion.

It was pretty easy to figure out when they walked into his office. I do t think they meant it to be a twist as much as a story line. I thought the reveal of how was more interesting. Also, how much further can he spiral downward? I love his demise. It's like watching a train wreck in slow motion.

Did you watch the preview for the next episode? It looks like he's going to make another effort to turn his life around.

VN Store

Back