Guardians of The Galaxy Vol. 2 (May 5, 2017)

CagleMtnVol

Guardians of The Galaxy Vol. 2

Release Date: May 5, 2017

MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated

Distributor: Buena Vista/Walt Disney

Director: James Gunn
Writer: James Gunn

Starring:
Chris Pratt
Zoe Saldana
Dave Bautista
Vin Diesel (Voice)
Bradley Cooper (Voice)
Karen Gillan
Elizabeth Debicki
Kurt Russell
Michael Rooker
Sean Gunn

'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' starts production, casts Kurt Russell

'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' starts production, casts Kurt Russell

The Guardians of the Galaxy are going to be a little bit more "hateful."

"Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2," the sequel to the 2014 Marvel Studios blockbuster, has officially begun production, Disney (DIS) said Wednesday.

The film starring Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, and Bradley Cooper will take off in theaters on May 5, 2017. This time around the galactic crew of scoundrels will add Kurt Russell to the cast.

Casting Russell, who has had a career renaissance as of late starring in hits like Quentin Tarantino's "The Hateful Eight" and "Furious 7," had reportedly been in the works for months.

Disney didn't reveal which character Russell will play, but it has been rumored that the actor would be cast as the long-lost father of Pratt's heroic Peter Quill/Star Lord.

This would give Russell an important role in the film, given that the studio says that in the sequel the Guardians continue their space adventure "as they unravel the mystery of Peter Quill's true parentage."

Disney also released a new image from the film of the Guardians shrouded in the shadows with only Star Lord's eyes glowing in the darkness.

The start of filming for "Guardians 2" comes just a few days after Disney announced that its other space saga, "Star Wars: Episode VIII," had also begun shooting.

Both "Episode VIII" and "Guardians 2" are slated for release in 2017.

The original "Guardians of the Galaxy" took Hollywood by storm when it premiered in August of 2014 with a very surprising $94.3 million opening box office.

The Marvel film would eventually go on to make over $770 million at the worldwide box office.

With both "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2" and "Star Wars: Episode VIII" debuting just a few months apart, Disney's ticket sales should be easily be out of this world in 2017.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYpWJIpVqZQ[/youtube]

Last edited:
First was arguably my favorite Marvel film to date. It'll be hard to top, but I think this will be another good one.

First one is my favorite Marvel movie ever next to Winter Soldier. Hope they can recapture some of the magic of the first one.

That moment you realize :machgun:Tango & Cash :gun: are reuniting in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2!

Yay!! First Trailer!!

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 | Official Trailer #1 (2017)
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdaZkndgPHE[/youtube]

Man I can't wait for this! I skipped Doctor Strange but this looks awesome!

Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol 2 Teaser Trailer
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dW1BIid8Osg[/youtube]

Looking forward for part 2. This may be my favorite super hero movie of them all. Any time it's on and there's nothing else on, I can watch it and enjoy watching it.

Heard an interesting spoiler...

Stan Lee is revealed to be none other than Uatu the Watcher and insinuates that every cameo... even the ones in non MCU movies... are all him as the Watcher

Reactions: 2 people
The grumpmeister chimes in..

Hey buddy for everything I don't like there is something I love so you need to like, you know, be more open minded to my shtick.

Also I saw that Gunn shot a lot of the big action scenes in IMAX format so it may be worth seeing this one that way.

Hey buddy for everything I don't like there is something I love so you need to like, you know, be more open minded to my shtick.

Also I saw that Gunn shot a lot of the big action scenes in IMAX format so it may be worth seeing this one that way.

You left off the "Thanks" at the end :) I was just messing with ya. I'm the same way.

Here's my theory on who Star Lords father (Kurt Russell)really is. I think he will turn out to be Eros, aka Starfox, Thanos' brother. At the beginning of the first movie his dying mother speaks so highly of his father even though he apparently ran out on both of them, which indicates that Starfox used his emotion manipulation on her. Then at the end of the movie it is revealed that half of Star Lords DNA is from a very ancient race, Star fox and Thanos are both Titans, an off shoot of the ancient race of Eternals. Which leads to a familial connection between Thanos and Star Lord, uncle and nephew. That's my theory anyway. I heard some speculation that Star Lords dad is Ego the Living Planet but I'm not buying it.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back