Star Wars: Episode VIII (December 15, 2017)

CagleMtnVol

Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Release Date: December 15, 2017
Distributor: Disney/Buena Vista
MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated

Director: Rian Johnson (Looper)
Writer: Rian Johnson

Starring:

Daisy Ridley
Mark Hamil
Carrie Fisher
John Boyega
Adam Driver
Oscar Isaac
Lupita Nyong'o
Andy Serkis
Domhnall Gleeson
Gwendoline Christie
Benicio del Toro
Gugu Mbatha-Raw
Anthony Daniels
Peter Mayhew
Timothy M. Rose
Jimmy Vee

Star Wars: The Last Jedi Official Teaser Trailer
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zB4I68XVPzQ[/youtube]

‘Star Wars: Episode VIII’ filming officially underway: Disney CEO

Fear not, impatient “Star Wars” fans: There’s a lightsaber at the end of the tunnel.

Filming for the already eagerly awaited sequel to “The Force Awakens” — the Rian Johnson-directed “Star Wars: Episode VIII” — is officially underway, Disney CEO Bob Iger told investors recently.

“There is no better way to propel this franchise into the future than producing quality products,” Iger said during the quarterly earnings call, according to Entertainment Weekly.

“Filming of Star Wars: Episode VIII, the next chapter of the legendary saga, has just commenced and it will be in theaters December 2017.”

Last edited:
Yes first page! I'm immortalized in a thread that is destined to have 1,000s of views and posts! :) So what is Star Wars?..is it a Star Trek spinoff? :)

Last edited:
Yes first page! I'm immortalized in a thread that is destined to have 1,000s of views and posts! :) So what is Star Wars?..is it a Star Trek spinoff? :)

If mods knew the Movies and Music forum existed you would be banned.

That being said..... yay first page.

Reactions: 2 people

ban-button.gif~c100

Reactions: 3 people
After this trilogy they should jump ahead to episode 13-15 then go back and and do 10-12 as prequels followed by 16-18.

Look forward to ogling Rey some more.

Oh yeah, Skywalker, lightsabers, explosions, etc.

Star Wars: Episode VIII

Release Date: December 15, 2017
Distributor: Disney/Buena Vista
MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated

Director: Rian Johnson (Looper)
Writer: Rian Johnson

Starring:

Daisy Ridley
Mark Hamil
Carrie Fisher
John Boyega
Adam Driver
Oscar Isaac
Lupita Nyong'o
Andy Serkis
Domhnall Gleeson
Gwendoline Christie
Benicio del Toro
Gugu Mbatha-Raw
Anthony Daniels
Peter Mayhew
Timothy M. Rose
Jimmy Vee

I think you're going to upset our local idiots by not having Harrison Ford on this list.

:rock::rock:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHMTqDNSQ2I[/youtube]

"Rey took her first steps into a larger world in Star Wars: The Force Awakens and will continue her epic journey with Finn, Poe, and Luke Skywalker in the next chapter of the continuing Star Wars saga, Star Wars: Episode VIII, which began principal photography at Pinewood Studios in London on February 15, 2016.

Star Wars: Episode VIII, which is written and directed by Rian Johnson and continues the storylines introduced in Star Wars: The Force Awakens, welcomes back cast members Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Adam Driver, Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Lupita Nyong’o, Domhnall Gleeson, Anthony Daniels, Gwendoline Christie, and Andy Serkis. New cast members will include Academy Award winner Benicio Del Toro, Academy Award nominee Laura Dern, and talented newcomer Kelly Marie Tran.

Star Wars: Episode VIII is produced by Kathleen Kennedy and Ram Bergman and executive produced by J.J. Abrams, Jason McGatlin, and Tom Karnowski. Joining the production crew will be some of the industry’s top talent, including Steve Yedlin (Director of Photography), Bob Ducsay (Editor), Rick Heinrichs (Production Designer), Peter Swords King (Hair and Make-Up Designer), and Mary Vernieu (US Casting Director). They will be joining returning crew members Pippa Anderson (Co-Producer, VP Post Production), Neal Scanlan (Creature & Droid FX Creative Supervisor), Michael Kaplan (Costume Designer), Jamie Wilkinson (Prop Master), Chris Corbould (SFX Supervisor), Rob Inch (Stunt Coordinator), Ben Morris (VFX Supervisor), and Nina Gold (UK Casting Director)."

Star Wars: Episode VIII is scheduled for release December 15, 2017.

Last edited:
Only Jedi's can have ghosts?

Full disclosure: I have not read all of the EU stuff, but it was my impression that only Jedi got "force ghosts"

From Wookieepedia:

The Force ghost was the soul and essence of a deceased Force-sensitive who denied the will of the Force upon death, yet was able to interact with the living, albeit not physically.[1] Some Sith Lords learned similar techniques, which in some cases allowed them to physically interact with their environment.

Force ghost - Wookieepedia - Wikia

So we have a title.

The Last Jedi

Thoughts? Referring to Luke or Rey?

Remember, Jedi can be singular or plural...

VN Store

Back