The Magicians - SyFy

Coug

c09dada7bad338e8ead8f316cd43.jpeg

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SuW7c28SAM[/youtube]

So I saw the previews for this new show on SyFy and finally gave it a look. I have to say I'm intrigued so far and it's entertaining but also maintains a dark factor. The characters are all fairly interesting which is a plus, the acting is on par, and the special effects are as well. There have been 3 episodes so far and I have to admit that I want to see more. There are also several hotties and that's never a bad thing.

The first 3 episodes are online and free...
The Magicians – Watch Online | Syfy

Reactions: 1 person
I caught about the first 15 minutes of the "Pilot" a little while ago and really liked what I saw. I then checked my on-screen guide and they will be airing the first 4 episodes back to back next Saturday night (Feb. 13) beginning at 11:30PM I set my DVR for all four eps!!

3 episodes in and I really like it so far.

It's growing on me very quickly. I love that they don't reveal too much magic in every episode. So far the story relies heavily on the writing and character development and not so much in your face CGI.

I watched the first 4 episodes and it is really good. Highly recommended and it got renewed for a 2nd season :good!:

Reactions: 2 people
So are Crips and Bloods magicians? A lot of gang signs being throw up on this show.

Thanks to Coug for reminding me about this fantastic show so I could catch up with it.

I was kinda disappointed that you could kinda see where this is probably going down the road by the time the second episode finished.

You have the Xavier's school for gifted youngsters (Brakebills College)/Harry Potter Clique (Quentin & his friends) soon going against Voldemort/Magneto (The Beast aka Mothman) and the radicals (Marina) and the not good enough for Brakebills group of Magicians (Julia & Marina's underlings).

Comparing this show to Harry Potter was inevitable. I'm not concerned about it. It's completely different imo.

On another note, how can you not look at Eliot and not compare his character to the smoking caterpillar from Alice In Wonderland?

tumblr_o2any0ZYAr1rdmew5o1_500.jpg

Here's a photo just for fun...

Magicians_hero_alice.jpg

Nope this show is terrible, it spins in circles going nowhere, the acting sucks, and every character is a cliche to the extreme. #BringBackDefiance&Dominion

Nope this show is terrible, it spins in circles going nowhere, the acting sucks, and every character is a cliche to the extreme. #BringBackDefiance&Dominion

It's called character development. Sorry, but not every show can be like Banshee where people die left and right the entire show. Maybe the hot chics in the show are turning you off.

Anyone else still watching? I still think its a pretty fun show!!

I really enjoy this show. It's cool watching what spells and powers they come up with next.

The blonde chic is killing me with that body. :clapping:

Spinning in circles is character development? Lol After this season they will be the same dumb annoying characters they started out as. Banshee Chicks>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>than these chicks, so that's obviously it, since none of these chicks are above a 6. Good try though.

Last edited:
Spinning in circles is character development? Lol After this season they will be the same dumb annoying characters they started out as. Banshee Chicks>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>than these chicks, so that's obviously it, since none of these chicks are above a 6. Good try though.

You'll have to expound on this "spinning in circles" that you keep referring to. I can't relate to your own numbering scale but it's SyFy so they can't afford actresses like Odette Annable and Lili Simmons.

Or extend the episodes from the Expanse. Loved that show, just not enough episodes. But may be due to budget. Heard it was not cheap to make.

‘The Expanse’ Renewed For Season 2 By Syfy | Deadline

I've noticed a trend over the last five years of watching various shows on SyFy. They like to produce shows using low paid actors(mostly) and as little special effects as possible to try and maximize their profits. If the show is a hit with the audience the longer it stays on the better the chance it has of being cancelled by SyFy.

Eureka for example was a huge hit. Even in it's last season the execs admitted to it still turning a profit for the network but it wasn't enough to satisfy their greed apparently.

You'll have to expound on this "spinning in circles" that you keep referring to. I can't relate to your own numbering scale but it's SyFy so they can't afford actresses like Odette Annable and Lili Simmons.

Uh wut? You made a joke that maybe the "hot" chicks were the reason I didn't like the show, so I referenced Banshee. BTW there are hot chicks all over SyFy, so your argument doesn't work anyway.

Uh wut? You made a joke that maybe the "hot" chicks were the reason I didn't like the show, so I referenced Banshee. BTW there are hot chicks all over SyFy, so your argument doesn't work anyway.

There really aren't anymore original shows on SyFy right now so you'd have to tell me where these hot girls are.

Anybody watch this latest episode of The Magicians?

some things got real!

There really aren't anymore original shows on SyFy right now so you'd have to tell me where these hot girls are.

some things got real!
So Eliza was actually Jane from the books? Quentin is upset that she was killed now! Imagine when he finds that out!

some things got real!

Lol I get why you like this show now.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back