R.I.P.-Paul Kantner

Talented guy. Jefferson Airplane definitely had some good tunes.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnDzPQa2pkQ[/youtube]

Reactions: 1 person
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR8LFNUr3vw[/youtube]

That song has always been a favorite of mine. I saw Grace Slick at the Commack Arena in 1977. She was looking great at that time. She sang this classic and "Across the Board" from Baron von Tollbooth & the Chrome Nun".
Saw a recent photo of her and she has not aged gracefully. Partying hard in the past has caught up with her.

That song has always been a favorite of mine. I saw Grace Slick at the Commack Arena in 1977. She was looking great at that time. She sang this classic and "Across the Board" from Baron von Tollbooth & the Chrome Nun".
Saw a recent photo of her and she has not aged gracefully. Partying hard in the past has caught up with her.

I saw Mickey Thomas last year. Great show. His voice is still strong.

If Kanter wrote "We Built this City" then good riddance!

He had nothing to do with it. It was an offshoot Jefferson Starship simply named Starship that made it. He didn't agree with the musical direction they were heading in and that's what lead to the split.

As a teenager in the late 60's / early 70's I was in love with Grace Slick. Somebody to Love, White Rabbit were incredible songs.

Unfortunately, I did not have the opportunely to attend a Jefferson Airplane concert.

Sometime I believe in the 1980's Jefferson Starship were in Kingsport for a performance which I did attend. Grace was not with the band at that time but Paul Kanter was. RIP Paul Kanter.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back