Robin Wright
Connie Nielsen
Ewen Bremner
Lucy Davis
Elena Anaya

First Footage from the DC Cinematic Universe Special
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LzkKR-22IQ[/youtube]

Last edited:
I'm interested to see how good this will be.

With the way critics are reacting to BvS I worry this will get panned as well!

New Details On ‘Wonder Woman’; First Image Released

New Details On ‘Wonder Woman’; First Image Released

8461545-menalippe-diana-hippolyta-antiope.jpg

After 75 years away from the silver screen, comics’ most famous heroine is leaping to the screen with not one, not two but three movies featuring her in a year-and-a-half. Wonder Woman has arrived. Along with her comes the badass Amazonian women of the mythical Greek island of Themyscira and Entertainment Weekly has the exclusive details on the other warrior women of the heroine’s story.

The above photo shows for the first time three other Wonder Woman characters in costume. On the left is her aunt Menalippe (Lisa Loven Kongsli, first announcement of her casting I’ve seen), the lieutenant to her other aunt General Antiope (Robin Wright, conveniently on the right). In the middle is Wonder Woman’s mother, Queen Hippolyta (Connie Nielsen). Together, the three of them were responsible for raising her – the only child of Themysicra – to be Wonder Woman. Of course, they don’t always agree on the best way. Hippolyta is a “revolutionary” who wants to shelter her while Antiope wants to make her strong and prepared.

Director Patty Jenkins (Monster, The Killing) told EW via phone from outside London where production is taking place.

“She is the only child they raised together. And their love for her manifests in a different way for each of them.”

To give it a timeless quality, Themyscira itself was filmed combining footage of exotic islands near Italy and in the South China Sea. Producer Charles Roven elaborated.

“Themyscira is influenced by the Greek but it’s clearly more then that. It’s a place that has the ‘you’ve never been to’ kind of feel. But once you’re there you’re not so sure you really want to leave so fast.” ​

As for the character’s costumes, Jenkins worked in conjunction with designer Linda Hemming to take a practical-yet-feminine approach that highlighted the actresses’ shredded shoulders and legs while maintaining practicality and comic sensibilities like the gauntlets. They even get to wear high-heels (don’t get up-in-arms, Jurassic World haters; Jenkins confirmed they wear flats while fighting).

“To me, they shouldn’t be dressed in armor like men. It should be different. It should be authentic and real—and appealing to women. [High heels are] total wish-fulfillment. I, as a woman, want Wonder Woman to be hot as hell, fight badass, and look great at the same time—the same way men want Superman to have huge pecs and an impractically big body. That makes them feel like the hero they want to be. And my hero, in my head, has really long legs.”

Wonder Woman is a period film and will tell the heroine’s origin, with the primary action set during World War I from 1914-18 and bookends set in the present. In addition to Gadot, Nielsen, Wright and Kongsli, the film also stars Chris Pine, Danny Huston, David Thewlis, Ewen Bremner, Said Taghmaoui and Lucy Davis.

Gadot’s Wonder Woman makes her first appearance in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice this Friday. Her solo movie, currently filming, is slated for release June 23, 2017 and Justice League is gearing up to start production in April for release November 17, 2017.

Warner Brothers has moved up the release date of Wonder Woman three weeks to June 2nd, 2017.

The original date of June 23rd it would have been going up against Paramount's Transformers 5 it will now go up against Sony's Bad Boys 3.

We will see if the other studios now move their titles as the following two weeks sees the releases of The Divergent Series: Ascendant, The Mummy (reboot with Tom Cruise), World War Z 2 & Kingsman: The Golden Circle.

Anyone elwe keep yelling woooonnndaaarr womaaaannn every time she showed up in Batman vs superman?

Please tell me it wasn't just me.

Reactions: 3 people
Anyone elwe keep yelling woooonnndaaarr womaaaannn every time she showed up in Batman vs superman?

I kept hearing the old TV theme every time she was on screen

I do every time I read the tihis title when the thread is bumped.

This will be terrible. However I will drunkenly watch on Netflix or Hulu or wherever it goes after its 2 week theatrical run.

This will be terrible. However I will drunkenly watch on Netflix or Hulu or wherever it goes after its 2 week theatrical run.

Why do you think it will be terrible? Snyder isn't directing it.

Warner Brothers has moved up the release date of Wonder Woman three weeks to June 2nd, 2017.

The original date of June 23rd it would have been going up against Paramount's Transformers 5 it will now go up against Sony's Bad Boys 3.

We will see if the other studios now move their titles as the following two weeks sees the releases of The Divergent Series: Ascendant, The Mummy (reboot with Tom Cruise), World War Z 2 & Kingsman: The Golden Circle.

The shocking thing here: they're actually making another transformers movie.

The shocking thing here: they're actually making another transformers movie.

Well every time another one is released people say how bad it is but it always breaks the bank!

Age of Extinction did over a Billion worldwide!

Gal Gadot posted on Facebook that filming wrapped today.

Today was my last day shooting the solo Wonder Woman movie! It's been such an amazing, exciting, dreamy, happy and fascinating experience I will cherish it forever. Thank you to everyone who was involved, our amazing cast, crew and phenomenal director.

Wonder Woman | Official Trailer Comic-Con (2016)

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tolAZkGODk[/youtube]

New Trailer!

Wonder Woman - Official Trailer
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Q8fG0TtVAY[/youtube]

VN Store

Back