Billions

I've seen one episode and it was promising enough that I'll most likely watch the entire first season. Not sure what people are expecting in a pilot. Many great shows are slow starters.

I've seen one episode and it was promising enough that I'll most likely watch the entire first season. Not sure what people are expecting in a pilot. Many great shows are slow starters.

It's not "slow", IMO. It's the contrived conversations. Like in episode 2 Axelrod takes turns lecturing some folks with his wife piping in with extra detail. No one would do that and it seems so rehearsed.

The dialog around the office with all the sexual metaphors...they aren't cool, they are silly.

I'm not done yet. I'll give it some more time.

^^ Not to mention that few people give a **** that a billionaire buys a house.

It's not "slow", IMO. It's the contrived conversations. Like in episode 2 Axelrod takes turns lecturing some folks with his wife piping in with extra detail. No one would do that and it seems so rehearsed.

The dialog around the office with all the sexual metaphors...they aren't cool, they are silly.

I'm not done yet. I'll give it some more time.

I've only watched the pilot. Is the 2nd episode on demand or something? The premiere was just this past Sunday, right?

IDK, I have Showtime Anytime. I got a sneak preview of the premier, but I didn't realize the 2nd episode wasn't widely available yet.

It hasn't aired yet

My OnDemand is currently on the fritz so I don't have the ability to confirm this but I think, if I remember correctly, Showtime makes the next episode available the day after the previous episode aired.

This show sucks, also anyone that has Showtime and doesn't watch Shameless should be smacked with a wet noodle.

This show sucks, also anyone that has Showtime and doesn't watch Shameless should be smacked with a wet noodle.

How do you like it the last couple seasons? It's still good, but I thought the first few seasons were much better.

How do you like it the last couple seasons? It's still good, but I thought the first few seasons were much better.

I like the first four episodes this year, its gotten back to the insanity. I wasn't all that fond of the last 2 seasons, They weren't terrible just kind took a more serious turn.

They need less Fiona, her storyline is exhausting at this point. More Lip though, best character on there.

I thought this show looked interesting but I cancelled showtime after homeland finished up. I think I am done with Homeland too.

I quit Billions about 6 episodes in and then I kept on hearing about how good it became. I just recently re-tried it, and it's not good, but I am sticking with it. Does anybody else hate-watch this?

The dialog is so bad. Nobody talks like this IRL. Everything seems so forced and unnatural. It's like everything is a metaphor, a simile, or it feels like a soliloquy for the sake of the audience, not actual conversation with the other character. They always do this thing where people ask and then immediately answer the question they just asked by simply reading the situation and the other characters face.

The narrative arc is pretty cool, though. That aspect of the writing is great.

Is anyone still watching this show now that its in Season 5? I have been a fan of three shows on Showtime (Billions, Ray Donovan and Homeland). The latter two just wrapped up for good. The way season 5 is going for Billions, I think this could be the end of the line too. Its been pretty bad this season.

Maybe I am just too loyal to some shows.

I've seen the first 4 seasons. Seasons 1 and 2 I thought were great. Season 3 was good. But season 4 was almost laughably corny. Definitely felt like the season had different writers or they took a different approach. Maybe they wanted to pull back from the heaviness of the show with a little humor, but they way over did it.

VN Store

Back