Star Wars: Rebels (Disney+)

CagleMtnVol

I thought this finally deserved it's on thread!

I have really been enjoying this series and with the second part of Season Two about to start here is the premier trailer!

Star Wars Rebels Season Two - Mid-Season Trailer (Official)
[youtube]

Last edited:
My expectations for this season were through the roof after the mini movie premier. I've been a little let down to be honest. Not that it's been bad, just my expectations were much higher.

Can't with for the episode where Asokah takes on Vader.

I like her character, and I doubt it will happen, but I think it would be a great moment in the story of Anakin/Vader for him to kill his former apprentice.

Last edited:
So far, I've enjoyed Clone Wars better to be honest. Not that Rebels is bad by any stretch, I just feel that Clone Wars was a bit more mature, grittier, and while both series are CG animated, I somehow liked the art style of Clone Wars better. Everything seemed sharper and had more fine detail. Rebels to me looks "cheaper" with a very soft look. Even looking at Ahsoka Tano in Rebels I can see such a downgrade in her physical features compared to the way she looked in Clones. Still enjoying the show but I wish they would've just used the same art style as Clone Wars to keep it consistent.

Last edited:
So far, I've enjoyed Clone Wars better to be honest. Not that Rebels is bad by any stretch, I just feel that Clone Wars was a bit more mature, grittier, and while both series are CG animated, I somehow liked the art style of Clone Wars better. Everything seemed sharper and had more fine detail. Rebels to me looks "cheaper" with a very soft look. Even looking at Ahsoka Tano in Rebels I can see such a downgrade in her physical features compared to the way she looked in Clones. Still enjoying the show but I wish they would've just used the same art style as Clone Wars to keep it consistent.

I mostly agree. Rebels is brighter and a little more Disney-fied. However, the character and vehicle designs are very influenced by original SW concept artist Ralph McQuarrie. I love Vader's look on the show and the thin lightsabre blades.

Clone Wars veered closer to PG-13 in tone while Rebels does stay safely in PG.

Is this on any streaming service to binge watch? On Demand only has the past 5 episodes or so. I figured Season 1 would be on Netflix.

Is this on any streaming service to binge watch? On Demand only has the past 5 episodes or so. I figured Season 1 would be on Netflix.

For now it's only available to stream through the Disney XD app, which of course you have to have a cable subscription to do that.

As far as Netflix, they didn't get Clone Wars until the series had finished so there's no telling how long it will be before we might see Rebels. Plus Clone Wars was on Cartoon Network, not Disney XD so I don't know if negotiations will change in that respect.

This week's episode is what I've been waiting for all season. I have to admit it was a little emotional when

Asokah had a vision of Anakin and Vader

Reactions: 1 person
Alright! All the dull episodes were worth it to get to this one. 45 minutes with a Sith Temple, an aged Maul as sort of an anti-Kenobi, and a show down between Vader and Asokah. Vader's light saber technique is so distinctive. I love seeing him at his peak. Major ramifications of this episode too. And it was just part 1!!

When Asokah cut off part of Bader's mask revealing some of his face was just awesome.

Season 3 trailer.... Should make EU fans extremely happy!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmXp802sFgQ[/youtube]

Reactions: 1 person
This is an excellent, excellent move. His intro in the trailer was awesome.

Last edited:
I wonder how long of time has past since the end of Season 2 & now Season 3?

Ezra now looks at least a year if not a couple older?

DisneyXD has announced the Season 3 Premiere Date!! :rock:

The Season 3 premiere of Star Wars Rebels will air on Saturday, September 24, with an hour-long season premiere.

I usually don't watch live (prefer to buy the blue-ray and binge watch) but I'm so excited about Thrawn returning to canon I may just watch it.

You know, the initial episodes of Clone Wars when they brought Maul back were not really my favorites. I thought his brother was kinda contrived and the Night Sisters felt out of place in the SW universe to me.

I am glad they brought him back though. He's actually been developed into a real character now. Once defeated by Jedi and then betrayed by his Sith Master. He's clearly on has two feat in the Dark Side but wants to destroy the Sith more than the Jedi now.

You know, the initial episodes of Clone Wars when they brought Maul back were not really my favorites. I thought his brother was kinda contrived and the Night Sisters felt out of place in the SW universe to me.

I am glad they brought him back though. He's actually been developed into a real character now. Once defeated by Jedi and then betrayed by his Sith Master. He's clearly on has two feat in the Dark Side but wants to destroy the Sith more than the Jedi now.

your right. very interesting character now.

I still think it was stupid to bring Maul back. The idea of him surviving despite being severed in two and falling down a huge shaft while Qui Gon dies from simply being pierced in the stomach seems like really bad "Dark Horse Comic" level story telling. I'm glad they're working to make Maul more interesting but even still, I never would have made that call.

I still think it was stupid to bring Maul back. The idea of him surviving despite being severed in two and falling down a huge shaft while Qui Gon dies from simply being pierced in the stomach seems like really bad "Dark Horse Comic" level story telling. I'm glad they're working to make Maul more interesting but even still, I never would have made that call.

I agree and I rolled my eyes when I first heard they were bringing him back. Ultimately I think he should have stayed dead but since they brought him back I think he adds a meaningful piece to the Rebels and Ezra Bridger story.

VN Store

Back