Making a Murderer (w/ Spoilers)

n_huffhines

What's it gonna cost?
Disappointed that the documentary film makers left out key points of evidence that make Avery look more guilty. I don't know what to think of his innocence but it seems clear his case was tampered with by police. What are everyone's thoughts?

I don't know what to believe. I don't like how the documentary left off the part about Avery's DNA under the car hood that came from his sweat. I have questions about who deleted the voicemails from Halbach's phone? Why there were no traces of Halbach's DNA in Avery's trailer or garage?

But I've done some reading and read that they also found Avery's DNA on the car key? The 2 cops (I forget there names) were really shady though. There are so many questions that I wish could be answered but may never be.

Wow the DNA from his sweat on the key and hood kind of sealed the deal for me though. I don't see how they could plant that. But why was there a hole poked in the blood vial? And like you said why were they calling about the Rav 4 days before it was officially found?

I feel bad for Dassey because you can tell he's not all there and he really got screwed over by not having his lawyer present during his interrogation. It's sad that people don't understand that you can say nothing until you have a lawyer with you. He really got screwed over. His first interview was really disturbing to watch, you could tell he was coerced to say what he said. Not to mention most of his answers were yes and no to what the detectives said.

More than anything, this doc series exposes the willingness of the criminal justice system to get convictions at all costs. They will cheat, lie, manipulate, coerce...from the judge to investigators.

When the judge wouldn't grant Dassey a new lawyer i knew for sure he was doomed.

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah for sure. It also shows you that if you have money that it gives you a much better chance at going free. If Dassey would have had Avery's lawyers, he'd be a free man right now.

Will Avery get money for this documentary? If it's a lot I wonder if he'll hire another lawyer? Because I saw that he ran out of money to hire another one.

More than anything, this doc series exposes the willingness of the criminal justice system to get convictions at all costs. They will cheat, lie, manipulate, coerce...from the judge to investigators.

When the judge wouldn't grant Dassey a new lawyer i knew for sure he was doomed.

You familiar with the Kevin Fox case? Fair amount of WTF going on there too.

It just shows the level the state will sink to in order to get a conviction.

If y'all liked MAM check out frontline: death by fire. Also on Netflix.

It just shows the level the state will sink to in order to get a conviction.

If y'all liked MAM check out frontline: death by fire. Also on Netflix.

That was awful. Cameron Todd Willingham didn't seem like the nicest person in the world, but my God what happened to him was a disgrace.

I don't know that Avery didn't do it, but there wasn't enough to prove that he did do it, and the fact that the corrupt Manitowoc Sheriff's Office was involved raises enough questions about the integrity of the "evidence".

And poor Brendan just got railroaded. They had nothing to tie him to anything except for a coerced "confession" where the investigators fed him the answers they wanted. His version of the truth never varied, but they kept badgering him until he basically said or wrote/drew what they wanted.

This family, for lack of a better description, was poor white trash and they never had a chance. Law enforcement was convinced they were guilty (whether they actually were or not), basically refused to consider any other alternatives, and then put the screws to them.

I typed that last post prior to starting episode ten and seeing Brendan's post-conviction hearing. I knew his second lawyer and his investigator were both shady, but holy ****. They should both be in jail.

I typed that last post prior to starting episode ten and seeing Brendan's post-conviction hearing. I knew his second lawyer and his investigator were both shady, but holy ****. They should both be in jail.

Did you finish it tonight?

I haven't looked too much into the case besides the show, but I'm sure it's biased in its own right.

Honestly I came out of the documentary with the feeling that Avery was definitely guilty, but i also got the feeling that the police tampered with some evidence to give themselves an easier time of things.

Dassey is the one I'm less sure about. He probably knew something about whatever happened, but I don't think he was as intricately involved as they made him seem to be. That poor kid could have been duped into going along with whatever story they wanted to prove.

So he goes so far to burn the body to get rid of evidence but then just parks the suv in the junk yard with blood visible.

VN Store

Back