Directed by: Scott Derrickson

Starring:
Benedict Cumberbatch
Chiwetel Ejiofor
Rachel McAdams
Michael Stuhlbarg
Mads Mikkelsen
Tilda Swinton

First look at Benedict Cumberbatch as Doctor Strange!

1014336_10153889470254701_1994272074736691953_n_zpswv3ethdd.jpg

Will it be magic (supernatural), or will it be the ability to tap into alternate universes/realities and pull their energy into ours (ie, science-based)?

Looks like the Dr Strange I'm familiar with. So far so good.

Tarantino said he was interested in doing a Luke Cage movie, because that's his favorite superhero. This was like 20 years ago and he was talking it over with friends. He said he wanted L Fishburne and his friends/associates overwhelmingly said W Snipes. They said Fishburne didn't have the physique. Based on that notion, QT scrapped the whole idea. He was turned off that appearance would matter so much.

I think I'm more excited for this one than any of the ones coming before it. Love BC and I like that it has a chance to be totally different than any other marvel movie.

Tarantino said he was interested in doing a Luke Cage movie, because that's his favorite superhero. This was like 20 years ago and he was talking it over with friends. He said he wanted L Fishburne and his friends/associates overwhelmingly said W Snipes. They said Fishburne didn't have the physique. Based on that notion, QT scrapped the whole idea. He was turned off that appearance would matter so much.

I heard him say that in the Nerdist podcast too. I respect QT's opinion (and think Fishburne would have been fine, especially for an obscure character like Cage) but when it comes to comic movies I want the actor/actress to be modeled after the character from the page as closely as possible. Otherwise just create a new character. JMO

Now that is not to say looks are everything. Rufalo doesn't look anything like any version of Bruce Banner I'm familiar with but I like him. I also prefer the original Nick Fury as opposed to the ultimate Sam Jackson version we got in the movies but I'm okay with that too. Hawkeye is pretty much unrecognizable from his original counterpart but again I like him. Matt Murdock has red hair in the comics but I liked the Netflix show.

In this case I know Cumberbatch is a quality actor AND they got the look of the costume down so, as I said, ....so far ....so good.

I agree. i want my comic movies to look like the comics, but i would also give QT license to do whatever he wants

Tarantino would easily ruin a Marvel movie. The first two hours would have never ending, boring dialogue scenes and the last 45 minutes would be some semblance of action. No thanks.

Just based on that one trailer it looks like another Inception type of movie.

Reactions: 1 person
Marvel debuted their new logo at Comic-Con today!
I assume this is the opening that will be in front of all Marvel films beginning with Doctor Strange!

Marvel Studios - The New Logo 2016
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXRJ7ozUJb0[/youtube]

Doctor Strange | Official Trailer #2 (2016) Comic-Con
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wPePselVqs[/youtube]

VN Store

Back