Idris Elba
Sofia Boutella
Joe Taslim
Lydia Wilson
Deep Roy

Star Trek Beyond | Official Trailer
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0OQvuspzRI[/youtube]

Last edited:
As someone who absolutely loves the new Star Trek movies...... I need them to hurry up and put out a much better trailer than that one.

Reactions: 1 person
As someone who absolutely loves the new Star Trek movies...... I need them to hurry up and put out a much better trailer than that one.

I have always been more a "Trek" guy than "Wars" guy but I was really let down by this Trailer!

The trailer seemed fine to me. The music selection sounds more comedy then a serious movie to me. That was my turnoff. The trailer looks good to me.

I dunno, the Star Trek Into Darkness kind of ruined it for me when they tried to redo Khan.

Nobody, and I mean nobody, will ever outdo Ricardo Montalban as Khan.

"He tasks me. He tasks me, and I shall have him. I'll chase him round the Moons of Nibia and round the Antares Maelstrom and round Perdition's flames before I give him up!"

The trailer seemed fine to me. The music selection sounds more comedy then a serious movie to me. That was my turnoff. The trailer looks good to me.

I love the Beastie Boys and they were going for a call back to the first reboot scene with young Kirk driving the vintage corvette from the cops, but yeah... It didn't work in that trailer at all.

On a side note, I would also like for Trek to get back to its true sci-fi roots a little more than just going the action route.

I dunno, the Star Trek Into Darkness kind of ruined it for me when they tried to redo Khan.

Nobody, and I mean nobody, will ever outdo Ricardo Montalban as Khan.

"He tasks me. He tasks me, and I shall have him. I'll chase him round the Moons of Nibia and round the Antares Maelstrom and round Perdition's flames before I give him up!"

Totally agree with this.

That trailer makes this movie look like a skip so far...and that's a shame. I've quite enjoyed the last two.

Star Trek: Beyond | Official Trailer #2
[YouTube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_AtNtI5Vlg[/YouTube]

I'm a huge fan of all things Star Trek.

Yep..me too. Well mostly. I love the original and TNG, I watched Voyager and DS9 for a long time, but kind of got jaded for awhile. I love the new reboot, except that they annihilated Vulcan. That is a bummer. It was the most interesting culture in the ST universe to me. I dont get the hate for this latest one. I likes it. One thing about what we have seen of Beyond that bugs me...do they think they have to destroy the Enterprise every freaking time? C'mon..

Reactions: 1 person
Yep..me too. Well mostly. I love the original and TNG, I watched Voyager and DS9 for a long time, but kind of got jaded for awhile. I love the new reboot, except that they annihilated Vulcan. That is a bummer. It was the most interesting culture in the ST universe to me. I dont get the hate for this latest one. I likes it. One thing about what we have seen of Beyond that bugs me...do they think they have to destroy the Enterprise every freaking time? C'mon..

Agree about destruction of the enterprise. It was shocking in Star Trek II but has become cliche.

Reactions: 2 people
:eek:hmy:

Star Trek Actor Anton Yelchin Has Died In A Car Accident At 27

Anton Yelchin, an actor most famous for appearing in the rebooted Star Trek series, was found dead Sunday after he was crushed by his own car. He was 27.
“Yelchin was killed in a fatal traffic collision early this morning,” publicist Jennifer Allen told BuzzFeed News in a statement. “His family requests you respect their privacy at this time.”
In a statement, the Los Angeles Police Department Valley Traffic division said the actor’s body was discovered by friends at his home in the neighborhood of Studio City around 1 a.m. when he failed to show at a rehearsal.
Yelchin was pinned between his car and the brick pillar of a mailbox. It appears he had exited his car and was behind it when the vehicle rolled down a steep driveway, crushing him.
Yelchin was most known for playing the role of Chekov in Star Trek (2009), Star Trek Into Darkness (2013) and Star Trek Beyond, which is set for release in July.
His co-star John Cho, who plays Sulu, paid tribute to Yelchin on Twitter. “I loved Anton Yelchin so much,” Cho wrote. “He was a true artist — curious, beautiful, courageous. He was a great pal and a great son. I’m in ruins.”

Born March 11, 1989, in the Russian city of Saint Petersburg, then called Leningrad, Yelchin was the son of figure skaters who emigrated to the United States as Soviet refugees when he was a baby.
“The move was brutal for them and very difficult,” Yelchin told The Daily Beast in 2011. “But they did it so I could grow up here and have a better life than they did.”
When he failed to show any ice-skating talent, his parents enrolled him in acting classes as a child. Soon, he began appearing in television and film, including the 2001 Morgan Freeman movie Along Came A Spider.
That same year he starred opposite Anthony Hopkins in Hearts in Atlantis, for which he won best actor at the Young Artist Awards.
In 2006, he played a kidnapping victim in Alpha Dog, a crime drama that also starred Justin Timberlake, Emile Hirsch, Olivia Wilde, Amanda Seyfried, Sharon Stone, and Bruce Willis.
He starred in the title role in the 2007 comedy Charlie Bartlett alongside Robert Downey Jr. before landing the role of Pavel Chekov, a young Russian prodigy, in J.J. Abrams’ Star Trek reboot in 2009, the same year he appeared in Terminator Salvation.

He appeared as the romantic lead opposite Felicity Jones and Jennifer Lawrence in the 2011 indie Like Crazy.
“What’s great about him is he can do anything,” the film’s director, Drake Doremus, told the Associated Press in 2011. “He’s a chameleon. He can do bigger movies or smaller, more intimate ones. There are a lot of people who can’t, who can only do one or the other.”

Yelchin also provided the voice of Clumsy Smurf in the 2011 and 2013 reboots of The Smurfs.
In 2015, he starred in the horror film Green Room, which was widely released in cinemas this year.
In July 2015, Yelchin told BuzzFeed News he relished appearing in the Star Trek series.
“I feel very fortunate for many reasons [to be a part of Star Trek],” he said. “Knowing that I belong to something where I really like the people and [that] it’s something I will return to over time has just been something that I think of fondly.
“It’s been eight years of feeling very positive about it [and] fortunate to be a part of it,” he said.

Awful news. Guy had shown a lot of promise in his young career and had a bright future ahead of him.

VN Store

Back