Classic Movies That Couldn't Be Made Today

VolnJC

Just got this idea from another thread and from learning that Tom and Jerry cartoons now come with a disclaimer

“Tom and Jerry shorts may depict some ethnic and racial prejudices that were once commonplace in American society,” the disclaimer states. “Such depictions were wrong then and are wrong today.”

Two right off the top of my head that I watched recently

Blazing Saddles(many reasons from racial, gay, and bigotry)
Holiday Inn(Abraham blackface scene)

White Chicks? oh wait wrong thread...that goes under films that should have never been made :)

Why not GWTW, but it's okay to remake Roots? Aren't they both from the same general period?

You could do it. Now whether or not you want to deal with what would go with it is another issue.

...The Roots remake sounds like the second worst idea ever. I couldn't finish watching the original without getting angry.

17ebbfae50842fea7a4086747e00c84845f08850ab6bdf0a17ffb66ad6246b57.jpg

Reactions: 5 people
They should make any movie they want. It's first amendment and it works both ways.

Well technically they can.

The thing is these studios want their movies to make money. The best way to achieve that goal is to make them appeal to a mass audience by being as vanilla as possible.

The Toy
Staring Richard Pryor and Jackie Gleason

As a kid I always wanted those Spider-Man pajamas they wore in that movie and never saw them in stores. Now they are everywhere and don't think I don't live vicariously through my children.

Reactions: 2 people
There is a small group that looks to be offended..the media loves to trumpet these causes...I'm part Cherokee and have no problem with Washington using Redskins..Adam Sandler is also dealing with backlash because of these six jokes in an upcoming film

The Ridiculous Six
These Are The Adam Sandler Jokes That Some Native Americans Are Mad About - CINEMABLEND

Me too, my grandpa on moms side was full blooded. I've nevee heard any of his side of tge family complain one time about names being used.

VN Store

Back