Tool coming to Nashville!!!

GoBigOrangeUT

Kind of hot in these rhinos
It's happening! The band I've been waiting to come around finally does. Super pumped! Primus is the opening band.

Reactions: 1 person
I have seen them 4 times total and they put on one of the absolute best live shows you will ever see. Danny is simply one of the greatest drummer to ever live. I am catching the Southaven and Nashville shows.

Apparently the Nashville show is already sold out, but it looks like the bot scalpers got a ton.

My buddy is complaining about them too. Said within the first minute all the good seats were bought by scalpers and ticket prices are three times face value.

Yep. Pearl Jam realized that long ago and tried fighting the good fight for concert goers everywhere. Bands hate it because the majority of people in the first rows aren't even fans of the band and are most likely business people that have been given tickets. Ticketmaster is evil.

Reactions: 1 person
My buddy is complaining about them too. Said within the first minute all the good seats were bought by scalpers and ticket prices are three times face value.

Yep, Friday the Nashville show had tickets on StubHub for $9,000.

Complete bull****. I was on as soon as they went on sale and got a pair in the nosebleeds. Just isn't fair at all.

My wife got me floor tickets for my birthday! Pricey, but I'll get to check off a bucket list item.

Enjoy it. When they played 'Stinkfist' at Bonnaroo 07', I fing lost it. The most trippy show I've ever been to, by far.

I've seen tool and perfect circle. Saw perfect circle in a 3000 person indoor venue with no seats. Crazy. Danny Carey is incredible. For those who don't know him, YouTube "Danny Carey drum solo" and watch one of the studio performances...like for the music magazines etc. He is a once in a generation talent...maybe the best ever. Amazing.

I've seen tool and perfect circle. Saw perfect circle in a 3000 person indoor venue with no seats. Crazy. Danny Carey is incredible. For those who don't know him, YouTube "Danny Carey drum solo" and watch one of the studio performances...like for the music magazines etc. He is a once in a generation talent...maybe the best ever. Amazing.

Danny Carey is definitely amazing. Portnoy, Peart, Jordison and Moon I feel are better, but they all their different styles.

Lol. Bear may be a tool...but he's not THE tool. We are talking about Maynard James keynan. Tool was my favorite band growing up. Now they are my Achilles heel. The only secular music really that I still listen to after getting saved and starting a family. Pretty sure they hate God...old habits die hard though. I've come to learn that you can greatly appreciate someone's music without agreeing with their way of thinking or life...

I saw them in San Francisco last Thursday. It was an amazing show, just an absolute sonic and visual onslaught. I have been to countless shows across many genres over the last few decades, and this show ranks among the best.

It's incredible how high these tix have gone. But I mean Primus is the freaking opener, which they are arguably the greatest 3 piece ever. Couldn't justify the price though. Too many great shows out there, and Tool shows have strange crowds. I don't want to broad brush but from my spectrum of experience it can feel a little awkward. Incredible musicians, but folks act like they are the only great band on the planet or something. And let's be honest their previous album was like 10 years ago and had maybe four actual songs on and then a bunch of filler bs.

I get it. It's effing Tool, love their music but there's still better bands to support in 2016.

Last edited:
I actually loved their last album.

And while the ticket prices are silly, I kind of get it. They come to Nashville so infrequently, plus for a good while people started to assume they'd never tour again. I do think they have become kind of bigger than they are though, and it's because they are so reclusive.

Enjoy it. When they played 'Stinkfist' at Bonnaroo 07', I fing lost it. The most trippy show I've ever been to, by far.

Same here! I still haven't figured out how they made the stuff on the screens bleed onto everything I could see! It must've been some Bonnaroo magic :whistling:

VN Store

Back