Old TV Westerns

governmentmule

as always Go Lady Vols :clapping:
I've started the old Western Gunsmoke ,it was on only 20 years or so,that will keep me busy for a long time :)

I'm just using this link to keep them in order,there actually on you tube,so i haven't been having any problems with popups,but I am running AdBlock on Chrome

Watch Gunsmoke (1955) Online Free - PrimeWire | 1Channel

you should be able to follow the shows on you tube,here is a link to the first one,with an introduction by the Duke himself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln19GNiqXBo&feature=youtu.be

I do hate that they don't make Westerns anymore,I all ways liked them:gun:

if you can think of some of them,post there names,I will watch them,when i need a break from Gunsmoke :)

Best ones hace been mentioned. I actually enjoyed watching these growing up with my dad.

When I was a kid my dad was always watching Daniel Boone or Cheyenne. Even now, when I go home to visit each year he's still in his recliner watching one of them.

Apparently they never get old...

The Rifleman

Alias Smith and Jones

If you want something a little more whimsical there's The Wild Wild West

If you want to get REALLY whimsical with the Western theme...Kung Fu

The Big Valley

Watched a lot of these mentioned on METV over the last several years!

The Big Valley was good it was only on 4 years but featured a young Lee Majors and Linda Evans who was only 23yo at the time it debuted!

Have Gun Will Travel

I read a book about libertarianism in media and they did a whole chapter on this show. It's pretty fascinating how this is where Roddenberry cut his teeth. The author opined that Paladin is both Kirk and Spock.

The Rifleman
Have Gun Will Travel
Gunsmoke
Bonanza
Rawhide
The Lone Ranger

when I started watching Gunsmoke,I didn't realize that the show started before I was born and was still on after I graduated High School and thanks for the name of some shows that i had forgotten about:)

from watching the first year or so of Gunsmoke Matt Dillon should have enough lead in him to make 10 to 20 car batteries in him so far :)

there is the Lonesome Dove show,it only lasted 2 years,the first year kinda sucked but the 2nd one was pretty good,but it didn't last any longer

Deadwood was a good show,I will have to give Hell on Wheels a try too,I only watched it a time or two and didn't have any idea of what was going on ,but I will start from the first one,so i know what is going on

I do love a good Western,are there any newer shows that i have missed ? like deadwood or Hell on Wheels ?

I do wish they would make a new western show for TV,it is as bad as there not being a Star Trek show on TV :)

The High Chaparral

Cimarron Strip

Laredo

and lets not forget one of the best western ever

Lonesome Dove the mini series

and Zorro lol

"Branded" with Chuck Connors.

Bat Masterson

Maverick

The Legend of Wyatt Earp

Watched a lot of these mentioned on METV over the last several years!

The Big Valley was good it was only on 4 years but featured a young Lee Majors and Linda Evans who was only 23yo at the time it debuted!

It's my favorite. And Linda Evans was definitely a hottie back in the day...

Reactions: 1 person
Always thought the story writing on Wagon Train (w/Ward Bond & Robert Horton) was great.

VN Store

Back