Marvels - Jessica Jones (Netflix)

Coug

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWHUjuJ8zxE[/youtube]

All Episodes November 20th

Never heard of this character, but I like the actress and looks like a quality production. Does she have crossover with characters I would know?

Never heard of this character, but I like the actress and looks like a quality production. Does she have crossover with characters I would know?

She was created in the early 2000s for Marvel's mature MAX line. Her title was actually called Alias at first but then the show of the same name took off and they dropped that title and folded her into the main PG-13 line. First in a title called The Pulse.

Her origin was retconned into Marvel history. She was a classmate to Peter Parker and was a Avenger briefly. Eventually she was part of New Avengers. Her and Luke Cage hooked up and had a baby.

That's about all I really know about her.

Reactions: 1 person
giphy.gif

Reactions: 1 person
Pilot was good.

Again, I know nothing about her (besides what Burnt shared), and they still haven't covered the origin of her power. Dying to know.

Fun Fact:

I wasn't aware but read recently that her debut issue, Alias #1, was the first comic published by Marvel to use the F word. Not only that but it was the first word on the first page. And the 3rd word. And the 6tg word.

1st episode was good. I'll watch the rest over Thanksgiving weekend. Not familiar with this character so I'll have to do some research

Just got thru the first 6 epis and man this is a pretty good show. Not your typical Marvel TV show.

Kilgrave is so cerebral. No might whatsoever.

I haven't started watching the show so I'm not sure what direction they are going with him. I do know what he did to her in the comics. When you get done with the show you should look it up.

In the comics he was called The Purple Man.

Just watched the pilot. It was better than I was expecting. Even grabbed the wife's attention. Nice cliff hanger.

Netflix is killing it so far with their Marvel villains. First D'Onofrio in Daredevil and now
Tennant
in this.

Last edited:
think ill pass. tried daredevil. then got into Narcos. tried Daredevil again. then binge-watched Walt Longmire Mysteries, yet again...tried DD, Hell on Wheels. just cant get into it.

Finished it and I really liked it. Good writing, a certain villain deserves an Emmy nomination, and the finale was cool.

One funny thing about it is Jessica Jones is supposed to be this superhuman athlete, and the actress is not even a human athlete. She looks like a prissy girl in heels when she tries to climb a ladder. She looks like a dork when she sprints.

I find this show dreadfully boring. I'm four episodes in and its just a snooze fest. I will probably keep watching though as it helps me fall asleep at night.

Finished it and I really liked it. Good writing, a certain villain deserves an Emmy nomination, and the finale was cool.

One funny thing about it is Jessica Jones is supposed to be this superhuman athlete, and the actress is not even a human athlete. She looks like a prissy girl in heels when she tries to climb a ladder. She looks like a dork when she sprints.

Also, not much depth to her, which I see as more on the actress than the writing.

Overall, I liked it. It dealt with some very serious subject matter (rape, PTSD, etc.) and took it seriously which I appreciate. It did seem to get a little slow and I found Ritter's Jones to be a little one note and annoying at times but the production values are extremely high, the show is expertly done, and a certain villain frankly deserves an award because he was fantastic.

got to about 1/2 way through and just couldnt hack it. too slow.

tried Daredevil for a fourth time, no dice. episode 4 is just as slow as the others. The character development just doesnt seem to be there.

VN Store

Back