Better Call Saul

VolnJC

So I'm about 20 episodes away from finishing my vacation binge watching of Breaking Bad. Anyone watching the spinoff? I've read mixed reviews, some say it is better and some BB fans don't care for it.

BCS is pretty awesome; critics love it as it got several Emmy nominations. I don't think it's as good as BB but it's really not exactly the same as BB either.

Reactions: RollerVol
It's a different animal...when they announced the spinoff, I didn't know how it would work... But it definitely does.

I don't think it's as good as BB but definitely worth a watch.

Think I said this the first time we did this thread but I don't think it's quite fair to compare a complete story to one season of another show. Nobody (or at least very few) were claiming BB was one of the greatest shows of all time after the first season.

It starts out kind of slow, but so did BB to me. I definitely see the potential for sure though.

I can't wait for the next season. I have not watched BB. so I am glad it is a prequel.

Think I said this the first time we did this thread but I don't think it's quite fair to compare a complete story to one season of another show. Nobody (or at least very few) were claiming BB was one of the greatest shows of all time after the first season.

Good point. BB was almost cancelled after Season 1, and again after Season 2. It wasn't until it was put on Netflix and people could binge watch it did it catch on.

I'm also pretty sure the critical acclaim for BCS is pretty close to what the first season of BB got as well.

Like everyone has said, it's awesome. It makes you glad to be alive and own a TV.

Good point. BB was almost cancelled after Season 1, and again after Season 2. It wasn't until it was put on Netflix and people could binge watch it did it catch on.

I'm also pretty sure the critical acclaim for BCS is pretty close to what the first season of BB got as well.

Um, no.

BB wasn't on Netflix until later. It was acclaimed throughout. I didn't start watching until it was on Netflix, after it was all over.

Um, no.

BB wasn't on Netflix until later. It was acclaimed throughout. I didn't start watching until it was on Netflix, after it was all over.

It was acclaimed by critics, but its TV ratings were even worse than Mad Men's until season 5 (as in under 2 million for each episode). I think Netflix added it between seasons 2 and 3; Gilligan himself said the boost from Netflix may have saved the show from cancellation.

b3x42LX.png

Reactions: BartW

VN Store

Back