Chris Carter's new "X-Files"

I'm really pumped they are back. Even if it turns out "meh", I'm glad we get more X-Files. Even though the show ended 13 years ago, it still has a sizable fanbase. I actually didn't hate the last 2 seasons but I thought the finale was a bit too hacked together. And the last movie was underwelming. I hope it leads to at least a few more mini-series.

I'm both extremely excited about this and terrified. I grew up on the X files, it started when I was almost 4 and I got into it big time when I was 9 or so, back in a time you couldn't stream or find stuff online, so finding episodes or getting new ones on tv were like gold. I got attached to it big time, some of the few things as a child that actually bothered me came from the X files. The parasite with telekinesis and controlled a town in the desert that almost possessed Scully when she was pregnant, the creature in the town that would eat people and take their sicknesses and then throw up their bodies underground for them to come out 100% healthy, the shaman/druid with no legs that could look like anyone, and the little girl/doll combo that was torturing people who wronged or pissed off the little girl (and showing the victims to the mom to boot.)

I'll watch it even if its terrible out of Nostalgia, but I'm worried it won't 1. Have the same effect as it did for me (naturally, but that doesn't bother me as much) more that 2. today's audience won't accept it or the quality will just be not as good as the stuff up before the last 2ish seasons.

So apparently The Lone Gunmen are going to be back? How the heck is that going to work unless it's flashbacks?

BTW, I really liked their spinoff even though it was more comedic and not as serious. I wish it had gotten at another season to find its legs.

So apparently The Lone Gunmen are going to be back? How the heck is that going to work unless it's flashbacks?

BTW, I really liked their spinoff even though it was more comedic and not as serious. I wish it had gotten at another season to find its legs.

They were never dead, of course. or clones. or aliens.

they should have made a spin off of The Lone Gunmen :)

they should have made a spin off of The Lone Gunmen :)

I really liked it, but for whatever reason it didn't work. I thought it did well for a late spring/early summer show.

I still laugh at the episode where they introduced Jimmy Bond. The all deaf football league was hilarious.

Not gonna lie, that trailer gave me some goose bumps whenever I saw Scully react to having Mulder call her.

If they get guys like Vince Gilligan Or Bryan Cranston or J.J. Abrams to talk this up (Abrams worked on Fringe on Fox, so he should at least, and Vince formerly producing and Bryan being in an episode + his friendship with Gilligan should help + being on Malcom on Fox) and both hint at possibly directing/producing some episodes, or Cranston doing a character run, I could easily see Fox trying to turn this into a full continuation of the show instead of just a mini series.

Last edited:
^ C. Carter did a spin-off for Amazon I forget the name of the show he only did a pilot but he had planned 99 episodes or something crazy like that. The man knows how to make shows, I think it's just a matter of Fox forking over the money for a new season.

Not gonna lie, that trailer gave me some goose bumps whenever I saw Scully react to having Mulder call her.

If they get guys like Vince Gilligan Or Bryan Cranston or J.J. Abrams to talk this up (Abrams worked on Fringe on Fox, so he should at least, and Vince formerly producing and Bryan being in an episode + his friendship with Gilligan should help + being on Malcom on Fox) and both hint at possibly directing/producing some episodes, or Cranston doing a character run, I could easily see Fox trying to turn this into a full continuation of the show instead of just a mini series.

Fun fact for those that don't know, Bryan Cranston got the role in Breaking Bad because of his portrayal in the X-Files episode Drive, which was written by Vince Gilligan.

Indeed. They're teasing us with the 6-episode stuff.

I want more. Haha.

I always like the non-conspiracy episodes. The weird stuff they investigated was the best.

The conspiracy episodes are what drove the underlying story line. You can't have the X Files without the conspiracy episodes. I mean cancer man, AD Skinner, and the Lone Gunmen would be such non-important characters without the underlying conspiracy theme.

Indeed. They're teasing us with the 6-episode stuff.

I want more. Haha.

I always like the non-conspiracy episodes. The weird stuff they investigated was the best.

Like the episode with the inbreds and Sheriff Andy Taylor.

The conspiracy episodes are what drove the underlying story line. You can't have the X Files without the conspiracy episodes. I mean cancer man, AD Skinner, and the Lone Gunmen would be such non-important characters without the underlying conspiracy theme.

I understand the show, I watched it from the beginning..... The creature ones were the best.

I understand the show, I watched it from the beginning..... The creature ones were the best.

I liked the creature ones the best too. The conspiracy ones began to get ahead of themselves and led to the awful ending we got. Have you watched Supernatural? It's basically X-Files creature features every week with two brothers who pretend to be FBI agents. I held out for 10 seasons, thinking it would suck, before finally trying it - and really liking it.

It even has X-Files references all through out and AD Skinner plays their grandpa.

Last edited:
I liked the creature ones the best too. The conspiracy ones began to get ahead of themselves and led to the awful ending we got. Have you watched Supernatural? It's basically X-Files creature features every week with two brothers who pretend to be FBI agents. I held out for 10 seasons, thinking it would suck, before finally trying it - and really liking it.

It even has X-Files references all through out and AD Skinner plays their grandpa.

I remember the title, but never checked it out. I suppose I'll have to check that out.

I remember the title, but never checked it out. I suppose I'll have to check that out.

It's like a CW show, which isn't a bad thing anymore. I think 10 seasons are on Netflix, and few shows get that far these days. I think it is a good spiritual successor to X-Files.

I haven't watched x-files since I was a kid, and I surely never watched all nine seasons or whatever it was.

If I start watching this will I feel like I'm missing something?

I haven't watched x-files since I was a kid, and I surely never watched all nine seasons or whatever it was.

If I start watching this will I feel like I'm missing something?

No clue. I know nothing about it, but I imagine there will be characters and a plot that go along with the original conspiracy (which was confusing anyways, even if you watched the original seasons).

No clue. I know nothing about it, but I imagine there will be characters and a plot that go along with the original conspiracy (which was confusing anyways, even if you watched the original seasons).

Yeah, it got too hard to follow towards the end. I think it was better with the stand alone episodes.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back