I Am Chris Farley

VolsSportsFan

Mo Money Mo Problems - Michael Scott
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aofacg_Gy0E[/youtube]

It's hard to believe this year will be 18 years since he died.

Truly one of the saddest days of my life. I was a young teen and nobody before or since has made me laugh as hard. It was like a part of my youth died that day. I highly recommend the book The Chris Farley Show.

I'm sure that will be a great documentary. It's still hard to believe the guy is dead. He was so funny.

Seems like the whole world didn't realize the true greatness of Chris until he was gone.

I recall his SNL performances being so over-the-top, it regularly caused his co-actors to break character with laughter.

Lorne Michaels said nobody in the history of SNL could own the stage and the movie screen like Farley. He could make a horrible skit funny.

Lorne Michaels said nobody in the history of SNL could own the stage and the movie screen like Farley. He could make a horrible skit funny.

Remember when after he died.....they found a fat guy that looked like him to play opposite David Spade....horrible, absolutely horrible

I have never laughed as hard at anything on SNL as the Chippendale's skit that Farley did with Patrick Swayze. Now sadly, both have left us. :cray:

I loved hearing everyone share Farley stories. Great documentary.

The book is so good. The doc didn't spend nearly enough time on his childhood and there you really get to understand he was an entertainer through and through.

The story that stuck with me the most is he was at Catholic summer camp (age 13ish) in worship, and the they separated the girls on one side and the guys on other...he's going up to take the sacrament at the front...pauses to get the girls' attention, smiles at them, takes a few more steps looking in their direction and then totally trips and eats **** spitting white tic tacs everywhere and screaming "OH DEAR LORD MY TEETH!"

Reactions: 1 person
It could have been done a lot better. Personally, I was expecting more. Oh well, but like Jay Mohr said, "Any time you get to talk about Chris Farley [is] a good day, man."

Someone said it was 18 years ago. I would have been 11. Watched movies like Tommy Boy and Black Sheep in the theater. At that age, I thought Farley and Spade were a pair not realizing how life actually is. Spade owes much of his credit to Farley. Since Farley's death, Spade really came into his own after being what I considered Farley's sidekick.

I would trade half my lifetime to get all the ass that Spade got. Supposedly he is the biggest lady's man in the history of SNL.

Reactions: 1 person
I would trade half my lifetime to get all the ass that Spade got. Supposedly he is the biggest lady's man in the history of SNL.

He's confident, that's for sure.

I wouldn't touch Pam Anderson after seeing the dong on Tommy. Also the Hep.

Former nerd turned ladies man is packing the heat.

The book is so good. The doc didn't spend nearly enough time on his childhood and there you really get to understand he was an entertainer through and through.

The story that stuck with me the most is he was at Catholic summer camp (age 13ish) in worship, and the they separated the girls on one side and the guys on other...he's going up to take the sacrament at the front...pauses to get the girls' attention, smiles at them, takes a few more steps looking in their direction and then totally trips and eats **** spitting white tic tacs everywhere and screaming "OH DEAR LORD MY TEETH!"

I love Farley. I want that book.
T
All of his movies are good( well hilarious, not cinematically good) and him on SNL is gold. I AM EL NINO!

^^ Spade is just a sarcastic as$. Farley dwarfed him with stage presence.

Last edited:
Spade has always seemed vaguely feminine to me; surprised to hear of him pulling tail to be honest.

Finally watched it. I was afraid that it would ruin my view of my favorite comedian ever. It only magnified my view. Great piece on him

The bad thing is Farley was just scratching the surface with his talent. His movies were awesome, but his earlier stuff on SNL were the best, Especially knowing that he just winged it without a scrip. It was awesome to see him get his first big break with Tommy Boy, and he didn't dissapoint at all.

Fifth time watching this and it's still fantastic. The comedians aren't just blowing smoke. They all loved Farley, hate that they couldn't stop him from repeating Belushi and they all miss him.

VN Store

Back