The Expanse (SyFy)

CagleMtnVol

The Expanse

A thriller set two hundred years in the future, The Expanse follows the case of a missing young woman who brings a hardened detective and a rogue ship’s captain together in a race across the solar system to expose the greatest conspiracy in human history.

This hour-long, ten episode series is based on the popular New York Times bestselling book series collectively known as The Expanse, written by Daniel Abraham and Ty Franck (under the pen name James S. A. Corey). Abraham and Franck will be show producers

Starring:

Thomas Jane (Hung, Texas Rising)
Steven Strait (Magic City)
Dominique Tipper
Cas Anvar
Wes Chatham (The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1 & 2)
Shohreh Aghdashloo (Grimm)
Chad Coleman (The Walking Dead)
Florence Faivre (The Following)

Recurring:
Paulo Costanzo (Royal Pains)
Jay Hernandez (Upcoming: Suicide Squad)
Jared Harris (Lincoln, Mad Men)
Shawn Doyle (House of Cards)
Kristen Hager (Being Human)

Created By: The Expanse is based on the series of novels of the same name by James S. A. Corey, a pen name of the authors Daniel Abraham and Ty Franck. The first novel, Leviathan Wakes, was published in 2011 and nominated for the Hugo and Locus awards.

Mark Fergus and Hawk Ostby (Iron Man)
Pilot Directed By Terry McDonough (BBC's An Adventure in Space and Time, Breaking Bad)

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X5gXIQmY-E[/youtube]

Fantastic cast!

SyFy has already given the go ahead for a Second Season even though it has even been given a premiere date!

This show is pretty good. It has that complex feel to it like that of Battlestar Galactica, or Caprica. It's got pretty decent special effects for a SyFy show. The story is interesting and definitely not one dimensional.

Just watched a ad for the season one DVD, and thinking I might buy it. Have any more of you guys seen it besides just coug? If so what did you think? It looks pretty dang good.

Is Syfy still synonymous with bad acting? Or have they upped their game recently? I haven't watched that channel in awhile

Nah brother..I didn't mean it that way. I just wanted to have more reviews to work with. You have pretty good taste. I respect your opinion.

No, it's cool I get the perspective. It's like reviews for new restaurants where the first review is oddly glowing and raving about the restaurant so you know it was the owner or manager that left it. Even I have bad recommendations every now and then.

Is Syfy still synonymous with bad acting? Or have they upped their game recently? I haven't watched that channel in awhile

I will only comment on their 3 newest space shows(Kill Joys, Dark Matter, Expanse) and say that so far these have actually been pretty good. I didn't know anyone in Expanse but the acting was on par.

I didn't know anyone in Expanse but the acting was on par.

I knew a couple of the actors. Thomas Jane from Punisher, Jared Harris from Mad Men, and Chad Coleman from Walking Dead. But two of those actors didn't have major roles in season 1 at least.

I thought this was a higher quality show than most of what you see on Syfy. Better acting, special effects, ect.

I knew a couple of the actors. Thomas Jane from Punisher, Jared Harris from Mad Men, and Chad Coleman from Walking Dead. But two of those actors didn't have major roles in season 1 at least.

I thought this was a higher quality show than most of what you see on Syfy. Better acting, special effects, ect.

Hah! The first two shows you mentioned I didn't actually watch but I forgot about 'Tyrese' Coleman being in the show.

Swil it's pick and choose with that Network. Their current Friday lineup of Dark Matter and KillJoys is pretty good and when the Expanse comes back it will be well received. I was big fan of Defiance also. Some of the other stuff is more of an individual preference. Still wish they aired more classic Sci-fi, but if you're into that genre of sci-fi try the Comet Network.

Last edited:
I know this thread gets very little traffic but it's extremely deserving of a bump.

This is literally the show that everyone should be watching but isn't. The acting, production, and graphics are absolutely fantastic. The CGI work in this latest episode was amazing, beautiful even! I still have it on the DVR just so I can rewatch it. It's currently in season 2 and if you haven't seen it it would be a perfect show to binge watch. I don't think it's available on Netflix however. They said when it shows up on Netflix it probably will do so with a full series dump.

I know this thread gets very little traffic but it's extremely deserving of a bump.

This is literally the show that everyone should be watching but isn't. The acting, production, and graphics are absolutely fantastic. The CGI work in this latest episode was amazing, beautiful even! I still have it on the DVR just so I can rewatch it. It's currently in season 2 and if you haven't seen it it would be a perfect show to binge watch. I don't think it's available on Netflix however. They said when it shows up on Netflix it probably will do so with a full series dump.

I'll check it out

It's on Amazon Prime.

VN Store

Back