The Horror Movie Thread

spazzyvol

VFL TFWIW
Ok so I have this dilemma. Everything sucks. Recommend some good newer-ish horror movies that are accessible through Netflix, please. Also I'll try to share any I thought were worthwhile. They just don't make me like they used to!

Late Phases was a decent werewolf movie that is on Netflix right now, Babadook is another decent one. Can't think of anything else off the top of my head without logging on to Netflix. Oh Zombeaver!! <--If you want something reminiscent of some 80's era cheese.

I have staples for horror movies that I always go to:

Evil Dead
Evil Dead 2
Army of Darkness
Return of the Living Dead
Gates of Hell
Zombie2
Dawn of the Dead
Dead Alive
Bad Taste
The Thing
Re-Animator

Probably missing a few without staring at the old collection.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I definitely liked Babadook. I'm a sucker for the horror movies that I haven't seen done before. It's hard to find those nowadays. Everything is just re-hashed ideas from movies years ago.

It really depends on how fond you are of the "found footage" type movies, but The Taking of Deborah Logan and Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones are two of the better things I have watched on Netflix recently.

I agree for every good movie you find on there that there are 20 bad ones, though.......especially when it comes to the horror genre.

It really depends on how fond you are of the "found footage" type movies, but The Taking of Deborah Logan and Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones are two of the better things I have watched on Netflix recently.

I agree for every good movie you find on there that there are 20 bad ones, though.......especially when it comes to the horror genre.

I agree with "The Taking of Deborah Logan." That is one freaky movie.

That one got picked out for a group watch one night. We all agreed it was a much better movie than we thought it'd be.

Was a fan of Taking of Deborah Logan! Haven't tried marked ones BC I gave up on those paranormal activity movies after part 2.

My experience with horror movies can be summed up by saying that great horror films are hard to come by. Which horror films over the last 5-ish or so years would you guys really recommend watching?

My experience with horror movies can be summed up by saying that great horror films are hard to come by. Which horror films over the last 5-ish or so years would you guys really recommend watching?

Dead Snow and Dead Snow:Red vs Dead.

The first one is really good, but I know some people hate subtitles. Red vs Dead is great, and they all learned English in a day. Lol

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Late Phases was a decent werewolf movie that is on Netflix right now, Babadook is another decent one. Can't think of anything else off the top of my head without logging on to Netflix. Oh Zombeaver!! <--If you want something reminiscent of some 80's era cheese.

I have staples for horror movies that I always go to:

Evil Dead
Evil Dead 2
Army of Darkness
Return of the Living Dead
Gates of Hell
Zombie2
Dawn of the Dead
Dead Alive
Bad Taste
The Thing
Re-Animator

Probably missing a few without staring at the old collection.

Great list. Throw in

Tucker and Dale vs Evil
Dead Snow: Red vs Dead
Killer Klowns From Outer Space
Cabin In The Woods

All good movies listed so far. I don't think I've ever laughed more than when I watched tucker and dale vs. evil. It was brilliant.

Great list. Throw in

Tucker and Dale vs Evil
Dead Snow: Red vs Dead
Killer Klowns From Outer Space
Cabin In The Woods

I sadly forgot about Dead Snow. Was cleaning up my house and found my Blu-Rays. Cabin is good, so is tucker/Dale..and Killer Klowns, hell thats a classic!

Zombieland is a good one, The House of the Devil, Trick 'R' Treat <--Halloween staple, Witching and *****ing because Carolina Bang is sooooooo hot, dunno what else.

One I liked a lot was Dog Soldiers, about werewolves. Something about werewolves always seems creepy.

Zombieland is a good one, The House of the Devil, Trick 'R' Treat <--Halloween staple, Witching and *****ing because Carolina Bang is sooooooo hot, dunno what else.

One I liked a lot was Dog Soldiers, about werewolves. Something about werewolves always seems creepy.

I was pleasantly surprised at how good Trick R Treat was.

Reactions: 2 people
I've seen a movie called Scent on a site and have been tempted to watch it because it has 4.3 stars out of 5 with 2,000+ votes. But if you go on imdb, there are only about 40 votes and it's a 4.6 out of 10. Anybody see it? It's only listed as 68 minutes. Trying to figure out why it's the highest rated horror movie on one site but rated terrible on another. What's the deal?

Speaking of Netflix hidden gems, I thought The Signal was pretty good; took a different take on the apocalyptic genre mixing in some quality dark humor

There's not only an Insidious 3, but it's already out? Where have I been? I didn't see a single thing about them making a 3rd one. And honestly, i can't even remember if I saw the 2nd one. Which one was Darth Maul in?

There's not only an Insidious 3, but it's already out? Where have I been? I didn't see a single thing about them making a 3rd one. And honestly, i can't even remember if I saw the 2nd one. Which one was Darth Maul in?

I've only seen 1, but he was in it.

I like everything I've seen directed by James Wan. Every film I've seen of his has a great feel to it.

VN Store

Back